ASTROLUX® 2024 Collection & Discussion >>> FT02S v2, FT06, EA09, CL03, FT05, EC01X, EC07, ED01, LT2, and More...

Can you show us the beamshot and tell us more about the UI.

3 Thanks

This. I’m tired of manufacturers making no effort to do beamshots - especially with something interesting like this TIR.

3 Thanks

I have already completed my beamshots on Wednesday. My video should be ready by this Saturday.

1 Thank

EC07 in OP.

Thanks

1 Thank

More test results here.

My ED01 came in yesterday, I’ll share some thoughts and pictures. I paid USD16 for this light, shipped from BG, using freeme’s group buy code as well as BG coupon. For $16 I consider this an okay deal, but I wouldn’t buy one at $25 full price.

Short UI demo. Yes, the AUX lights are part of the main modes.

First things first - the UI is pretty bad. The switch itself is terribly squishy and prone to misclicks, as the whole assembly is made up of 3-4 pieces due to the tail AUX lights so that makes it worse to operate.

The UI itself:

• Standard mechanical reverse clicky, click for on, tap to advance modes. Once again, I have to repeat, due to the squishyness of the switch, it is very easy to misclick.
  • Modes are Low-Med-High-AUX. Yes, that’s right - AUX lights are part of the main mode rotation. And they cannot be enabled as actual auxiliary lights like on Anduril lights. The rainbow disco mode is literally just a blinky mode. (Also they’re damn bright)
  • 2-second mode memory is on by default and cannot be disabled.
  • If you switch off the light before 2 seconds mode memory, next switch on will advance to the next mode e.g if you turn off on low, it will come back on on medium.
  • Mode spacing between medium and high is terrible. 600 vs 1200 lumens you can barely tell the difference. Medium is way too high, should be at most 200-300 lumens.

The TIR is SUPER thin. It’s quite amazing really.

The host:

• Anodizing is not super thick, but it’s well enough.
  • I like the hidden-thread USB-C charging port. O-rings keep the seal tight.
  • Free 18350 tube also with USB-C charging port is great.
  • The controller for USB-C charging is separate from the driver, so if someone intends to do a driver swap (to overcome this terrible UI for example), it looks like it will work.
  • This green is not as pretty as from some other companies, but it’s okay I guess. I sort of wish I picked the other color though. It looked nicer in the OP pictures. This is a subjective thing of course.
  • No knurling on tube but I don’t mind that so much.
  • 2-way Clip is nice and stiff.

Beam shots:
Apologies for my camera phone, doesn’t do great in low light but I tried my best.

Approx 180-200meters to the very far treeline. IMO it falls a bit short of what is expected based on Astrolux’s estimation.

From the second floor, you can see quite a good hotspot with a lot of spill. Very wide. 175 degrees according to Astrolux. Nice combo TIR.

It’s not very clear here but the hotspot is actually square-ish in shape. Beam has a few concentric rings, a bit of noticeable artifacting. Only really noticeable when white wall hunting.

You may also notice some tint-shift and greenness. It doesn’t bother me much, but I also am planning to do a reflow so it doesn’t really matter to me. I have no idea about this Luminleds LED.

At the end, for $16, if I think about this as a host for a DIY build, it is a pretty good deal. You get an 18350 tube too, that’s pretty nice.

In summary:

• I don’t like that UI at all. The switch behavior makes it so much worse.
  • Rainbow AUX being a main mode and not an actual AUX is kind of weird, but not a dealbreaker. The mode memory and next mode UI, however, absolutely are (for me).
  • Thread charging port is nice for those who don’t like rubber plugs.
  • The TIR is a pretty useful combo of super flood and decent throw both in one.

I didn’t bother to test runtimes. Astrolux advertises linear driver, but I know at this price point there’s no way the regulation will be anything to write home about, so why waste my time?

5 Thanks

Can i change with convoy driver?

Astrolux/Mateminco used to be one of the most innovative flashlight companies. Its a shame that have reached this level.

1 Thank

Yeap, also remember good old time, still got Astrolux S3, which is basically a BLF light.

Also have ED01 and I wouldn’t recommend it to anyone - unless one wanted a nice looking green 18350 host. :upside_down_face: But poor choice of modes, stupid UI RGB decision, no mechanical lock out mode (anodized threads) with tail LEDs eating up battery… :expressionless: What I intend to do with mine is make a flooder 18350 light, as I don’t have. But it takes sanding down the optics to make the beam diffused, changing the driver to a better one (hope charging function will be still usable) and LED to something warm.

3 Thanks

ASTROLUX® EC01X SBT90.2 6800lm 46950 Flashlight

Coming soon >> https://www.1thedeals.com/

1 Thank

What is an EC01X?

Super excited about that one.

I didn’t see any info?

This was enough info for me

SBT90.2 6800lm 46950 Flashlight

3 Thanks

Are these the only coupons available freeme? :slight_smile:

Most of the coupons can be found on 1thedeals.com and social media sites. What else do you need?