Astrolux S41 - presale ended

DHL brought a package today.

First impressions:

- Hard not to fall in love with.

- Smaller and heavier than anticipated (lots of copper I guess), feels really solid and looks great (nice machining).

- It’s tight but possible to use a protected Keeppower ICR 18350 (springs probably close to fully compressed though). Less bright (than with IMR) on full power, but doesn’t trip the protection circuit nor get’s very warm fast.

- Lots of pure white light (Nichia version) but gets hot really fast on turbo with Keeppower IMR 18350.

I would love to see that Mcpcb :smiley:

Sure thing homie!

Mine shipped Friday. Can’t wait for it to arrive. I’m in California though so could take a few weeks.

Look at one of your leds…
Oops

Edit : that’s why tint is different in your right down led . in previous photo .

It’s a Manker factory dedome.

Hahaha!

spit coffee on that one……

It seems like you’re getting higher CRI and 25% more throw, what’s not to like?

There will be an XP-G2 model at my house when I get home tonight.
It will have a new cutter quad board with XP-G3’s by morning… :smiling_imp:
The spacing is definitely different on the LED’s, so It will get a Carclo narrow, at least until the Khatod’s I ordered come in.

Edit: And a Bistro driver…

I agree!

Has anybody finally his cree light in his hand!? It seems, that the nichia is way more popular … :sunglasses:

Yow.
awjeez.jpg.

But there isn’t xpg3 option. Only nichia 219b or xpg2.

At least you don’t have to sweat this one! Mine was like that before ever taking it apart… I’m going to assume it was assembled that way, because I can’t find that some anywhere!

What would give more lumens in this light when using a Samsung 30Q 18650 … four XPG3 or four XPL HI?

:laughing: :slight_smile: :frowning: :cry: :person_facepalming:

Keyword being a “protected” cell. Do not use a unprotected cell for first start up.

My concern is if one of these lights had the screw tightened a bit too far from the factory, it would cause a short on the 1st start up. Continuity should be checked before first turn on.

From above: “My concern is if one of these lights had the screw tightened a bit too far from the factory, it would cause a short on the 1st start up. Continuity should be checked before first turn on.”

This, in fact, has happened to me in the past. I don’t want it to happen again, especially with the S41.

What is a “continuity check” and how is it done?

Remember, many of us S41 buyers are not modders (we are “use-it-out-of-the-box”ers) and don’t have specialized equipment.

Please keep us informed! If the 25mm khatod quad fits inside the S41, we have a real winner here.