Astrolux S41 - presale ended

You just missed the coupon code. It ended like two days ago. :frowning:

i am poking every dayā€¦.

Good point. I am tempted to get the Manker E14 from GearBest though since it's the same light. Decisions, decisions... Haha!

Sadly, I missed it because I'm waiting on my paycheck. :P

Thanks, man! I appreciate all the work you do! :)

I received mine today and I absolutely love it! I would say it is going to definitely be my new everyday carry light now for sure. I compared it to my BLF A6 and it is brighter just by looking at it. If you missed out on this one, I hate it for you, this little light is truly awesome!!

Generally it never hurts to wait around to see if a new light has issues. Already they are talking about adding washers to reduce the chance of a short. The BLF A6 was a great deal at $25, but the Astrolux S1 is now on sale for $25 and you can reduce it further with Banggood points. And they throw in the shorty tube.

My nichia model arrived today! I swear itā€™s got 2500lm! Little powerhouse! Hope it donā€™t explode!!!

Well this cell is shutting off at the 5th half pressā€¦

ā€¦wondering how long before someone reports a burned out S41ā€¦ :person_facepalming: :innocent:

My S41 is 60 miles away!!! Hopefully it wonā€™t get delayed in customs and will arrive tomorrow. :nerd_face:

sounds like your cells protection is working.

I have the A01 and the S41 w/219B also. Looks just like yours. I wouldnā€™t worry about it. The A01 might be a 4000k.

Just received mine. Lovely light! :slight_smile: Gets hot really quick, even on middle modes. Could be great hand warmer in winter :wink:

I have also one Nicha219B triple in Convoy S2+ body, Carclo 10507 optics, 10x7135, in quick comparison:

- in S41 hotspot is smaller

- S41 gets hot much faster (even thoug in S2+ triple has very good thermal fixes)

- max brightness in room - I would say very comparable

• colors look a very tiny bit better on my triple (4500K) - more neutral

got mine today. no complaints. i might sell it though.
i need to sell a lot of lights , to be truthful.
i gotta stop buying lights

Collected mine from the post office today.
After opening up the front optic and check the emitters are indeed Nichia (luckily the domes on the 4 LEDs are still intact :smiley: ), I installed a freshly charged Keeppower IMR 18350 and configured the modes.
Mine came with the 7 modes and I changed it to the 4 modes.

Will wait until it turn dark in a few hours time to compare the beamshots with my Sinner Triple which uses the same 219B and the ReyLight Triple which uses 219C.

My first impression is a small and solid light, and well worth the $32 I paid for being the first 30 early bird.

Iā€™m having the same problem with a 18650 30Q as some people in this thread. When stepping down from turbo at 40 seconds it goes straight down to moonlight. I have to turn off the light to access turbo again. Also the reverse mode switching with a long press didnā€™t work unless I let the light cool for a while. I have no problems with an 18350 Efest.

Someone mentioned the switch PCB is ready for lighted tailcap but not populatedā€¦
Any hint at how to do that?

When I pre-ordered on 5/28 it said stock would be available for my shipment on 5/31. When I checked on it today it now says they are out of stock. I used the Chat help to ask why my order didnt ship on 5/31 as indicated when I purchased and was told that the stock status was not accurate and the new stock would be available on 6/6. I asked the rep why should I believe that date if the other info they provided was not dependableā€¦ā€¦. she didnt have an answer. They seem to be selling lights that they do not have and telling customers they will have them on a certain date when they dont. Its frustrating when you cant believe what they tell you? Iā€™ll wait a few days to see if they are going to kick the can down the road againā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦

^ it is frustrating, but if you get them for $35 during the order period, just hold on there buddy.
They are selling for $4x or $5x for the Mankerā€™s brand now, so just bear a little while for this sweet little light.

Mine arrived yesterdayā€¦ I havenā€™t had time to tinker with it but I did add a deep pocket clip (another option if you donā€™t like the original pocket clip). Itā€™s a modified FourSevens/PK clip to fit the light.

Its not the ā€œwaitā€ that I mindā€¦ā€¦. its being intentionally mislead. This isnt the first time this has happened to me with a BG order and they either tell you that it is in stock or will be in a couple of days, but neither is true. Unlike most vendors, they go ahead and charge you even if they know that it is ā€˜out of stockā€™ knowing that you will be less likely to cancel your order because processing the refund is a hassle.

I know most dont remember back when someone told you something, you could count on itā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ now it is just the opposite. Now, you are better off assuming everything you are told is nothing but fluff and then, occasionally be surprised when they actually do what they said they would.