Auto Lock-out UI, please help!

guys, thank you for all the kind and helpful replies. I read all the replies and talked with engineer. Hope we can provide a more reasonable UI. :smiley:
It’s really difficult to decide who to be sent the free prototypes, but
3 people below were chosen

1. Toykeeper
  2. SIGShooter
  3. dmenezes
    Please PM me with your address, I will send SC28 for free.
    Thank you!
1 Thank

Thanks! I wasn’t trying to enter a giveaway though, and I don’t think I’m eligible anyway. I receive a lot of prototypes. Could you roll the dice again and choose someone who might appreciate it more?

Congrats to the winners! :partying_face:

There has been so much talk about the lockout, but not about something else very important.

How do you show that the flashlight is locked out? And not just broken, or a dead battery?

My suggestion: use the battery indicator LED, and let it blink 2 times for example… to notify that the light is locked. That would also help diagnose 'the problem’ easier. You could also do that by letting the LED blink.

But at least use something for diagnostics that people can find easily on the internet.

This wont help: My flashlight doesn’t turn on, what should I do?

Like with computers, you get error codes. And that’s the only way you would know what the ‘exact’ problem is.
So if you are implementing any type of lockout, it would be great to have something to ‘show’ it is in the lockout state.

That was beyond the question, but pretty important to consider as well, in my opinion.

2 Thanks

Thank you, Toykeeper.
I will respect your wishes and roll the dice again and choose another people. :smiley:

Hi, guys. :smiley:
Because Toykeeper wasn’t trying to enter a giveaway, now these is a new one be chossen:
jon_slider
Please PM me with your address, I will send SC28 for free.
Thank you!

2 Thanks

@Toykeeper’s generosity and kindness are legendary. It’s not for nothing that she’s the queen :crown: of all of us flashlight enthusiasts – long live the queen! :tada:

Thank you very much for the free SC28, @Barry0892! It’s my first Sofirn flashlight, and I’m really excited! :partying_face: I’ve just sent you a PM with the shipping details. :+1:

Congrats to my brothers @SIGShooter and @jon_slider on winning your SC28s, I hope yours make you as excited as me! :rofl:

3 Thanks

I personally am very familiar with manually activated lockout of my imalents and amutorch flashlight. 4 fast clicks to enable/disable the lockout. I would say automatic lockout would irritate me having to use it every time, and it would delay me turning on the light. At least have the auto lockout optional or have a way of disabling it. I guess it would be good safety feature for the average user, however you can mechanically lockout by partially unscrewing the battery contact. I personally remember if my flashlight is locked out or not, and in my opinion having instant access to full power is better.
Hope this helps :slight_smile:

Thanks Barry! I have a number of Sofirn lights and am very happy with all of them. Well except for one where the tint was sooooo green that I ended up swapping out the led. But the light itself was fine :grin:

It’s weird. I love the simplicity and effectiveness of moving the tail cap slightly. It’s an awesome design but then someone has to complicate it while making it troublesome at the same time! No wonder we’re doomed :joy: