autonomy

AS I understood he can not/not allowed to touch any lights for that 25+ hour timeframe. so he needs one that runs constantly, thou he did mention it is for a bathroom, bathrooms are usually not that big so he may be ok with sub 500lm.

1 Thank

My parents have an old lantern with fluorescent tubes that runs off a 12V sealed lead acid battery like out of a golf cart or something. Only works for like a minute after you unplug it lol.

Itā€™s not bright either.

Yes there were 3 threads. I deleted and merged stuff together into this one thread.

@Olivier Please do not create multiple threads about the same subject.

3 Thanks

Still interested in how big the area to be covered is? How about 4 LT1 lights? Run two on the lowest level and two on level 3 or 4. 12 hours swap levels on the two sets. I think that would give enough light for most ā€œtypicalā€ bathrooms and what is done there. Looking at runtime graphs it would probably make enough time too. As long as the issue is turning them on or off rather than not being able to touch them at all.

x-eco-hydraulic-head

2 Thanks

Thank you for your help you are too kind.
So, you recommand Fenix CL30R ?
But do I have to change original cells ? or not ?
What do you think about those 2 models :
Sofirn LT1S
Streamlight Siege X USB

Thank you for your reply ToyKeeper,
If I buy BLF LT1 do i have to change original cells ?
I am sorry for my stupid question, if I change the cells to increase the autonomy, can it catch fire ? Is there any danger if I switch to 3500 mAh ?
what type of batteries do you recommend? a particular brand?
Again thank you for your patience and your kindness

The Best Lanterns Compared (Fenix CL30R + Streamlight Super Siege + BLF LT1 + LE Rechargeable)

Because i have already two Fenix flashlights probably i would choose the Fenix CL30R ! Just my opinion !

ā€œOutputs
Turbo: 650 Lumens
4.5 hours with included batteries
6 hours with 3500mAh 18650 batteries
High: 350 Lumens
9 hours with included batteries
12 hours with 3500mAh 18650 batteries
Mid: 100 Lumens
38 hours with included batteries
51 hours with 3500mAh 18650 batteries
Low: 50 Lumens
70 hours with included batteries
93 hours with 3500mAh 18650 batteries
Eco: 10 Lumens
300 hours with included batteries
400 hours with 3500mAh 18650 batteries
Flash: 100 Lumens
70 hours with included batteries
93 hours with 3500mAh 18650 batteries
115-foot (35 meters) diameter wide-range beamā€

1 Thank

First of all I would like to apologize if I asked my question in 3 different places on this forum I am sorry :pray:

I want to thank all the people who answered my question itā€™s very kind of you :heart_eyes:

Finally I start to find the solution eventually through your answers
there would be two models that could satisfy me:
Fenix CL30R
Sofirn LT1
But as thoses 2 models are expensive what do you think about
Sofirn LT1S and Streamlight Siege X USB

Thank you for your help

1 Thank

The LT1S and Seige X are in a ā€œsmall lanternā€ category, you need ā€œbig lanternā€. Both LT1S and Seige X only use 1 cell, so runtime will be short, or, output for 25hours will be low.

The ā€œbig lanternā€ lights have multiple cells, the BLF LT1 has 4 cells, the Fenix has 3, so runtime will be longer than the single cell lights.

2 Thanks

Dear Gravelmonkey
Now itā€™s super clear I understand
So I will look after Sofrin LT1 or Fenix CL30R
One question, do I have to change cells ? or I can keep original cells ?
Thank you

1 Thank

I like the LT1S, but you would have to change the battery several times over the 25 hours.
If youā€™re okay with that, maybe get the LT1S.
If not, like others have said, you should get a larger lantern like the LT1. :+1:

2 Thanks

Plusā€¦
Probably if you subscribe on the Fenix site and you are a member, you getting -20% coupon codeā€¦ !?

1 Thank

You can keep the original batteries but with the other ones (more mAhs) you will have better run timesā€¦ !

1 Thank

Be carefulā€¦

@Hoop is replyingā€¦ right nowā€¦ Lā˜»L !

Itā€™s not what you asked for and itā€™s somewhat involved, but I would build a sconce, or even a couple of them, that bounces light off of the ceiling, if the ceiling in this bathroom lends itself to that. This lighting approach helps to reduce glare. If it is being built from scratch any battery format could be used, and any LEDs could be used, such as Nichia 519A 2700k 9080. They would be mounted to the wall above eye level.

Short of building fixtures from scratch, the same approach can be taken by using multiple large format flashlights with good battery capacity, such as Convoy 3X21A SST40, but in the case of the 3X21A SST40, I would contact convoy and see if they would build them using Nichia 519A 2700k or 3000k for me, and if not, Iā€™d swap those LEDs in. Wall brackets could be 3d printed, or the lights hung from existing fixtures or to eye screws etc. using wire or twine or whatever, to get them above eye level.

Three 21700 cells only offer ~14 Amp hours of useful capacity, so youā€™d need to run each light at a ~500mA load to achieve 25 hours run time, which would provide ~200 lumens with the Nichia 519A LEDs. Multiple lights would be needed to achieve higher output.

So you see, you need quite a large battery pack to do what you want, something along the lines of 50Ah+ capacity. A large prismatic LiFePO4 cell would be an easy and safe way to achieve this. An example of a good one is ā€œEVE 3.2V 80Ah Prismatic LiFePO4 cellā€ which is only $40 to $50. But you do need a hobby charger to charge this, or dedicated 1s LiFePO4 charger. An good inexpensive RC hobby charger is the iMAX B6AC V2, although it is limited to a 6Ah charge rate, which would take 12+ hours to charge an 80Ah cell. A more powerful RC hobby charger would do it faster, and I see some around $60 that can provide 10A charge rates.

3 Thanks

I am sorry for my stupid question, if I change the cells to increase the autonomy, can it catch fire ? Is there any danger if I switch to 3500 mAh ?
what type of batteries do you recommend? a particular brand?

1 Thank

Very good question !

I donā€™t believe that will be any problem, except that probably will be more hotā€¦ (but donā€™t forget that you are asking for some very special - specific useā€¦!?) !

I prefer to run my flashlights with recommended batteries from the same brandā€¦ yeah probably they donā€™t make them and they are more expensiveā€¦ but i like this way so that i know that im using the right ones, and the ones that they made the test withā€¦ ! Again, is just my opinion and how i like to run and treat my gearā€¦ !

1 Thank

I was just joking around !

Hoop is very good, and has more knowledge and experience from meā€¦ !

1 Thank

Last I knew, the Sofirn cells that come with the LT1 were okay, 3000mah is not bad capacity, max available is about 3500mah.

This thread will help you if you want to buydifferent cells. Itā€™s important to get them from a trust worthy supplier. The LT1 needs ā€œbutton topsā€.

2 Thanks