[Available again! - BLF special edition light] new Sofirn AAA twisty high CRI 5mm LED

+1 :person_facepalming: :weary:

:+1: :cry:

Me too.

Yep…. :+1: …. :cry:

That sounds good, smart too. Hopefully they will get some of those 100 into the hands of some of some of you experienced BLF testers to check out. :+1:

Fantastic looking little lights. I’m sure they are going to be a massive succes. But I’m out.
Good luck to all BLF-members who work so hard on this, and other, project(s).

Reason?

I’m not going into lengthy arguments. I’m not going to be offensive. I just walk out of the store.
Voting with your feet, we call it over here.

You are grumpy about Sofirn.
Nothing ever goes according to plan if you are dealing with chinese companies and being treated just is not what you get all the time. But without them our hobby would be 10% as much fun, so I deal with the sometimes rigid and careless way of chinese commerce. And sometimes I suspect that it is not even bad intention but a cultural difference. Sofirn is not worse than other companies IMO. I think it is cool that they choose to receive a lot of input from flashaholics like us, and we get flashlights with features we like in return.

Agree with djozz - If you haven’t had a bad experience with a Chinese company you haven’t had much experience with Chinese companies. - But for the most part we just keep coming back because at times it is so much fun :wink:

Interested, 1 of each tint.

Wait…am I missing something? You put a light in your cart that you didn’t purchase because you didn’t get a discount code and now you’re not going to pay $6 for this light because of that? SMH.

Please add 1 more 3200 light to my total (now 5) to make up for the loss from Henk4U2 voting with his feet.

Please look at this post in the thread “no more banggood for me”. That was your 4th post, if I’m correct. And you were referring to first time Banggood buyers.
I have ordered over 200 times in Chinese webshops and I did not always get what I wanted. There were the usual versions: too little, too late, wrong item, not at all, you name it. But in 99% of all cases that was corrected to my satisfaction. Why? Because we almost always came to an agreement. Sometimes it took some time. But there was communication. And that was lacking with Sofirn. You say: no discount. I got no response… at all. Why would I buy anything from somebody who obvious does not want to communicate?

I agree, it is Very Frustrating to be ignored.

fwiw
I have learned that failure to get a reply to a message usually means I’m not communicating to the correct department. The way to find the correct email contact, is to start a Paypal dispute. They list the contact email for the Chinese vendors. It is not the same as using the Vendors Web Form. Do not use the Vendors Web Form. It goes to a robot. The robot will ignore you.

Do Use Paypal dispute. The vendors are Highly Motivated to maintain their paypal satisfaction rate. Vendors Always respond to the email address obtained by initiating a Paypal Dispute.

whatever historical frustration we may have with Sofirn, at the moment they are kicking Fenix’s A$$, and we are about to have the option to buy a High CRI cockroach, for half the price of an E01… still able to leap tall buildings in a single bound, still able to survive freezing in a block of ice, still easily able to survive getting run over by a truck… And the center hanger means they make great NeckLights!

whats not to Love about a $6 High CRI RoachLight, that can also work as a HatLight, and a Neck Light?

This is interesting. I’m in.
Let’s say…2-3 warm tint.

Henk4U2 - I’m sorry to hear you’re disappointed with your experience with Sofirn on the Q8. I should have time to update the list again this weekend, but I hope things get worked out and perhaps you’ll be able to enjoy one of these lights down the road.

I do find it strange that some people have so much trouble regarding Chinese shipping.
Maybe it’s because I live in Canada, which means a Chinese package can go directly to Canada, while European customers have to wait longer, and the items may be held in by customs.

On the topic of Sofirn, I have found them to be very generous. Back on the BLF Q8 V1.5 thread, I had asked them if they could offer a spare tailcap+battery tube on their shop. After showing them a picture, they then posted the deal, and then offered me to buy it at a discount as a thanks. I did. Followed the partial order through, and they modified the price afterwards.

Same thing when I ordered the Q8 MCPCBs: they offered a small discount when I kindly asked them. They also respond very well to feedback, which I have seen in the Q8 V1.5 thread again when they contacted me about using BeCu springs in their lights.

They must be flooded with work at Sofirn, and with the Chinese holidays starting, I’m willing to bet some customers will not be happy with their lengthy response times.

TLDR: I understand your concern Henk4U2, but perhaps ask again very kindly for a discount since you asked them before the GB ended. They will probably correct their mistakes.

So you took the time to go back through my posts to try to point out something I wrote that you think makes my post the equivalent to yours? Not even close there Henk. When I wrote that, I was disillusioned as to the delivery time and processes as they relate to ordering overseas. I wasn’t simply trying to be a cheapskate.

Perhaps, Henk4U2, you should, as you did in that other thread, unsubscribe from this one as well. At the very least, since you’ve now spoken with your feet, you should leave the thread to those who are going to be speaking with their wallets.

Purple did i hear purple? Yeah purple would be :+1: :partying_face: :+1:

You/we did, but then stopped hearing that mate :cry:
I still have hopes for one of those, though :wink:

For $6 dollars I will be happy with any color (within reason! :smiley: )

However if the light is a success and becomes a permanent product in Sofirns lineup then I wouldn’t say no to purple also! :money_mouth_face:

I’d be in for one or two warm.