[Available again! - BLF special edition light] new Sofirn AAA twisty high CRI 5mm LED

I put an alkileak in one of mine about 2 hours ago, that battery was measuring around 1V. The light is still on, putting out enough light to navigate around a dark house easily. When I pull the battery and measure it, it is recovering, but less than 0.6V. Popped the battery back in, light fires up and keeps going. A pretty decent survival light for sure.

For me that’s plenty for almost all indoor usage. Actually, too bright for middle of the night navigation. But I find it an almost ideal compromise for a single mode. And it’s silent. Great for checking on the kids with ceiling bounce.

im still wondering why I bought these.
that will do.

Could THIS be the answer??? . :money_mouth_face:

For me it’s nostalgia since my first edc was an arc AAA. The C01 is now my daughters first light, she is 5. Don’t know what it is but the aaa form factor has always appealed to me.

They could market that :party: by putting "My First Sofirntm" on the coloured ones. We need pink!!!!

I had a dream last night that someone sent me one of these, but it was powered by multiple super small NiCd batteries in series. :confounded:

25 days from order to in my greasy paws for my red and blue 3200k versions. Very nice.

All I would take issue with is this: Why such a hideous, cheap looking font?

mine was 6 weeks im sure to London.
yes, that font’s outdated mate.

NiCd? Sounds like a nightmare!

You can navigate and you can do your every night things :wink:

But I always wander, why xxxx lumens what run seconds or couple minutes or why flashlights what I can hand hold max couple of minutes.

That’s a horrible nightmare, sbslider! Did you wake up screaming?

I definitely woke up puzzled. Most of the dream was trying to find a way to charge the NiCd batteries, I never did get there.

Very Helpful!
Thanks for confirming that the black have the nice almost no hotspot beam

I want to get rid of the hotspot on my red and blue, so I tried 600 grit on the red 3200k first… barely noticeable change… Caused a 15% drop in lumens, but still too much hotspot for me.
left before, right after sanding:

I plan buy some 400 grit and try again.

Huh? Somehow I never got notified that this light got released, even though I was on the interest list. Is there a discount coupon available?

It has been available for over a month. It was announced in the thread. Place order but do not pay. Instead message seller and ask them to adjust the price for BLF Group buy. Tell them your BLF user name.

Wait for the price adjustment, it takes from 15 minutes to 2 days. When you receive the email that price has been adjusted, then you pay.

Thanks, teacher!

Links and details are at the top of the first post.
The difference between full price and BLF-discount at this moment is just a dollar, so if you are impatient you could just skip waiting for the discount (I just did that when buying two blue ones).

My pleasure Pete, hope all works well. :+1:

Sofirn asked to pay 2,5 $ per driver. Slightly expensive, but take in mind that it is an item not listed in their Aliexpress store and they are doing me the favour of selling