[Available again! - BLF special edition light] new Sofirn AAA twisty high CRI 5mm LED

Yes, absolutely.

that depends whether you are OK with Next Mode Memory on the A01, and they are now 219c, not actully 219b anymore. There is the pencil mod option to eliminate NMM on the A01 and then it will be LMH, but it will still have PWM.

also depends how you feel about having a sublumen level and 3 modes, as on the A01
or if you are fine with just 2 modes, starting on high, with no memory (I do not know if the C01S has PWM or not)

if in doubt, buy both :wink:

Now back to the topic of this thread, the Sofirn C01
I hope someone starts a separate thread for the C01S, as a few people are getting confusing asking questions about lights without mentioning which version they are talking about.

Public service announcement, this is NOT the thread for the C01S, but… feel free to ignore me.

Received two Black Sofirn C01 5600k. It took 14 days. One has a more shiny reflector than the other. The shinier one has a more noticeable hotspot and measures 9.0 lumens. The less shiny has less hotspot and measures 8.5 lumens. Both lights tested with the same Eneloop that was at 1.29v. With an Ultimate Lithium, each light goes up by 0.3 lumens.

the light on the right has the shinier reflector

All the Sofirn and the Fenix E01 will work as Lego:

and fwiw, all the pocket clips are hard, not bendy. In fact, they break when I try to pull them off by putting a cloth under the blade. The way to remove the pocket clip without breakage is to push on the part that is clipped around the body. I used the end of a sharpie. However, the clip broke when I tried to put it on the other end. After that I succeeded in flipping the clip on the second light… I was more careful when pushing it on:

Great thanks, I didn’t even realize that they don’t use 219B anymore, has PWM

A01 description says

and that can’t be good.

I purchased my c01 with a BLF discount for $ 6.5 On the first day of the appearance of c01S on Aliexpress for $ 8.5, I placed an order without payment and asked for a BLF discount, but I was politely refused. On the second day, the c01S cost $ 11 already. It was such a discount. :wink:

Thank you for that feedback. I almost also asked for a BLF discount on a new C01S, but did not.

Now I am not really interested, as it has not been thru any type of BLF review process. The Hi-Low is not acceptable to me. Is it even potted for durability? What are the run-times?

I am very happy with my C01’s, and hope this thread will continue discussion as such.

Although I am interested in the evolution of the Co1S and comparisons, maybe a new thread should be started?

I couldn’t stand to hear the whining of starting a seperate thread about the new C01S any longer….so, here it is:

I will add supplemental information to the OP in the next hours. Post #2 is reserved for my personal thoughts about this light as soon as it arrives.

Nice job Lux-Perpetua!! . :+1: … :beer:

Looks like M4DM4X found them on Bangood

Mine only took 10 days to Canada. Surprising. A quick inspection shows stiff clips. Quite nice. Great value for $6.5.

Pleased to report the replacements for my lost two flashlights

just came in, sent promptly after they figured out the original order from last year was lost in China Post somewhere.

Great news Hank! Glad they were able to get your order sorted out before running out of lights.

My 5600k C01 with magnet & trit.

Is the magnet strong enough?

ifi ts a neodymium magnet its strong enough.

Not great but good enough

Where are you guys getting the magnets? Using gorilla glue to fix them place?

Fasttech

or banggood

I got mine from either Fasttech or supermagnete.de.

Yes, it actually is. It has to be a smooth metal surface. I can actually stick this to the side of my refrigerator. However, it’s not as tight a hold as something like an Olight S10 or S15. I went by what others said, to get a magnet 3mm thick. So I went ahead and used super glue to attach the magnet. As you can see, it sits just a little bit low, maybe 0.3 mm. I had presumed the glue would create a buffer, but it slipped around it and allowed the magnet to settle down. It still holds fairly well, but I think if the magnet was totally flush it would be a touch stronger. Acetone will remove super glue, but only on the surface. Even though I applied enough to seep around the magnet, it wasn’t enough to dislodge it. Super glue seems to be an excellent adhesive for this task—it’s really holding on strong!

I bought my magnets from eBay. $1.78 for 20. Slow road from China, as they say, took about 2 weeks. I’d mail out some to a few people, but given the relative cost of postage, it’s far more sensible to just buy your own.

With diffuser, C01 and C01S can be a small lantern.

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/2pcs-lot-White-diffuser-for-sofirn-C01-C01S-SP10-SF14-Q8/2933049_32991805908.html