[Available again! - BLF special edition light] new Sofirn AAA twisty high CRI 5mm LED

Brightness is not the purpose of this thread, it is about the High CRI Yuji LED

true, but

no matter how bright your phone is, its not
High CRI

example of an application where High CRI is more important than brightness:

Imagine you are in a dark room with your lover, and want to see their beautiful sexy skin

a High CRI LED will get you laid better than the LED on a cell phone…

brightness is not Sexy,

High CRI IS Sexy :wink:

Candle light is Sexy
Yuji light is Sexy
Phone LED light is not Sexy, it makes skin look dead, green, lifeless, disgusting, and as I said, NOT Sexy

I bet few consumers know what CRI is.

Very, very few. :+1:
The vast majority have no earthly idea what it is.

true, that is why I’m starting to use examples they already understand

More CRI = More Sexy :slight_smile:

/\ …… Brilliant jon_slider, just brilliant!! . :+1: . :smiley:

Yes, received some days ago, ordered last december, 23th.

They do recognise that the light is pleasant and the colour show well, so even people with no knowledge about CRI can still prefer high CRI flashlights.

But you can not see that on the internet so to sell high CRI flashlights there are 3 possibilities:

1) describe how nice high CRI light looks, with adding good photo’s (Jaxman tries that on their aliexpress website)

2) get a reputation: if many people have a Sofirn high CRI flashlight and like it they tell others to buy one too.

3) make retail versions of your packaging and sell the flashlights in real shops around the world so that shop owners can show it and customers can see the light ( :slight_smile: ) before they buy it.

I find the brightness a little much for most of my intended purposes but I love the simplicity and warm beam.

/\1

Oh dear….all I can think of is someone trying to get some in a hippy van with a C01 in mouth.

You know what? I don’t know, nor do I want to. Thanks for mental images.

no need to hold the light, and no need for a tailmagnet glued to the light
there is a magnet that sticks to the body of the van, the light can then be placed and aimed, or moved as needed… hands free:

LOL….that is funny.

Thanks for the pics proving the high CRI of the C01.

Wow, the C01 can do that? Dulling that reflector really paid off.

Hm, need to buy me some of those magnets.

Hmmmm…. there is a lot to be said for higher CRI after all… :wink:

Now, how many of you guys took a look at the HighCRI interior light on the ceiling? :-D

Another thought...where's she looking at? The sexy, yet tiny C01 in one's hand? :-P

One question, do you use a neodymium magnet in the sofirn?

Thanks

After some long time, I finally got my Sofirn C01s last week (considering I believe I was one of the first to order from Sofirn AliExpress and reported here that they are already posted for sale in Ali… in this post [Available again! - BLF special edition light] new Sofirn AAA twisty high CRI 5mm LED - #1442 by d_t_a).

Anyway, my 2 orders actually arrived at the same time (the 1st order was the black C01 initially available, when I ordered them last 11/11/18), then I did another order of the blues and reds.

The C01 blues and reds work properly. They came with stiff pocket clips (OK).

But its the C01 blacks that I at first had trouble with, mainly: the heads are stiff to screw and unscrew… and one of the black C01 I got refused to work (no light) at first.
(side note: the black C01 also came with stiff pocket clip)

I tried finding out what’s the problem wth the black C01 (1st order): sticky white goo keeps on oozing out from the head, and in the case of the 1 sample that refused to work, I cleaned the goo from the head, and also from the body tube (it had flowed to the body tube), and after doing that, it finally worked!

However, my problem is:
those white goo keep on coming out, I have already cleaned 5-10 times (all the black C01s I got — I ordered a few pieces), and when they are clean and leave it for several hours, more goo seeps out from the head. They are sticky (and will also flow to the batteries when I test them)

when I took these pictures, I think it was already my 5th or 6th time wiping off the white goo from the black C01s…

they just keep on coming out — what do I need to do to “fix” them?

They are sticky and flow to the battery tube and the battery (making the battery sticky too)… And after wiping more than the 7th or 8th time, they still keep flowing out.