[Available again! - BLF special edition light] new Sofirn AAA twisty high CRI 5mm LED

I mean, it can still be ordered in lots of 1000, only for the 5600k though:
https://store.yujiintl.com/collections/frontpage/products/bc-series-5mm

thanks for the link
it seems to be a 45 degree version

fwiw Vinh has 45 degree yujis pictured in 3200k on his site

and here is what appears to be a 45 degree 5600k from vinh, flanked by a pair of black Sofirn 5600k w 60 degree beams
(pic is a link to the original post on CPF)

[QUOTE=this_is_nascar;5282426]Both my 5600k arrived. One on the left, the other on the right and a 5600k modded E01 in the middle.
[/QUOTE]

I just checked & they have both the 45° & 60° available in 5600K.

As stated before, no 3200K in either angle.

I wonder if C01 Pro will have glass? I’m guessing with the increased brightness, there should be some emitter protection.

Good question xevious, like you; I would guess it will. I hope it does.

I would say definitely yes, because the new light cant use a 5mm LED

to reach 100 lumens requires a High Power surface mount LED, that require the protection of a lens.
pics of both types here:

LED Types In general terms, we carry two different types of LEDs: 5mm Through-Hole & Surface Mount.

That seems logical. I thought perhaps there was a 5mm capable of outputting 100lm. But if not, then yeah… SMD would be it, and given vulnerability glass is a given. So I expect cost would double?

I dont know about the Pro price

price already doubled on sofirn C01:
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?\_from=R40&\_trksid=p2380057.m570.l1312.R1.TR0.TRC0.A0.H0.Xsofirn+c.TRS1&\_nkw=sofirn+c01&\_sacat=0

Wow… people actually pay those prices?? :open_mouth: . :open_mouth:

Maybe I should start selling stuff on eBay……

It might be a bit "improper" to post a different brand's flashlight for this flashlight thread, but I saw this video, which also subjected the said flashlight (a Lumintop Tool AAA) to a lot of "torture test" conditions, seems similar to the ones done for the Sofirn C01. (eg. drop test, freeze test, impact test, vehicle roll-over test, even a boiling test).

I was wondering hot the Tool AAA is also be able to have similar "durability". More of a theoretical question is in what aspects would the C01 be better than the above Tool AAA? (Tool AAA has higher lumens)

The tool has higher output because it was designed for it. There’s plenty of 3535 LEDs that would allow us to mostly match that brightness with high CRI in the same form factor, but that wasnt part of the goal. That was to create a durable, reliable high CRI low output light. Part of that goal is using components and design that make it more durable.

The potting, simpler driver and construction of the C01 are arguably not needed, they’re more there as a “just in case”. The lumintop tool would likely stand up to the same abuse as the C01 most of the time. It’s just that if you say had 100 of each light and did some extreme testing, (hypothetically) you might find 32 of the tools fail and 9 of the C01’s fail. In short it’s there for peace of mind so you can always rely of it putting out light.

Nice video d_t_a, thanks for sharing. That was one tough little light!! :+1:

I’m pretty sure the prototype Sofirn teased had an optic and a high CRI SST20. The pictures they posted are now gone though, so maybe they changed that?

Not much more… $13 shipped. If you sold it as such, you pay about $3 for shipping. Then after eBay and PayPal fees, you’re back to about $8. No profit there! :wink:

Hmmm… yep, I hadn’t thought about all that. :+1:

Mine arrived! I’m thrilled to finally have these.

As I already knew, my personal preference is for the warm version. The daylight is also very good, easily beating the tint of the 5000K 219C’s in my D4. Although hard to compare due to the large difference in color temperatures, the warm is a rival for the 219B SW45K. When I combine the warm and daylight versions, however, I just might like the resulting ~4500K light even better than the SW45K.

Mine all have noticeable hotspots, both in the black and colored versions. I will probably try some fine sandpaper on the reflectors, although for the present time, the effect on the normally smooth, floody beam of the Yuji’s is acceptable.

Hey iamlucky13, would be interesting to see how it will turn out with the sandpaper.
Cheers!

I intended to do a before and after picture this weekend of the light with the most noticeable hotspot, but I’ve been really busy and haven’t had a chance. It’s a low priority, since it’s not very noticeable outside of white wall hunting.

Sounds good lucky13, thanks. Good things take their time, no reason to rush something that’s meant to be fun! :wink:

fwiw, a few more black 5600k are available
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Sofirn-C01-BLF-Special-Mini-LED-Flashlight-AAA-Twisty-High-94-CRI-Yuji-LED-keychain-Flashlight/32952525303.html

although it sounds like the on lastest run of black, like the red and blue, the reflector is more shiny than the first run, that had the least hotspot.

and more 3200 available in red and blue
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Sofirn-C01-BLF-Special-Mini-LED-Flashlight-AAA-High-94-CRI-Yuji-LED-keychain-Flashlight-Hat/32967363356.html