[Available again! - BLF special edition light] new Sofirn AAA twisty high CRI 5mm LED

Will it be safe to run it on 10440? :smiling_imp:

LOL!

read post #3

Iā€™m talking about C01S.
NOT about C01.

All I know about the driver is that it is claimed to have no PWM. So someone needs to sacrifice a C01S to find out what happens with a 10440.

I suggest you read the voltage specs in the C01S manual, post 2714.

I just received a 3200k Red Sofirn C01. It took 13 days.
The bezel on the Red body w 3200k is very shiny, and that creates a large hotspot. My blue 5600k also has the shiny bezel and a hotspot.

The 3200k measures 7.3 lumens, the 5600k measures 11 lumens on my meter.

next I sanded the reflector on the 3200k and the lumens became 6.3, and sanded both the reflector and LED on the 5600k and the lumens became 7.6

Iā€™ll get one if there is a version that gives 30 lumen on high and 3-5 on low. Of course, it needs to start on Low then High.

I must admit I didnā€˜t write the English version of the manual. I just did some layout improvements, some typo corrections and the German translation.

Does ā€žhard-anodizedā€œ meanā€¦wellā€¦somethingā€¦else? I bet itā€˜s also known to be something kinky, isnā€˜t it? :person_facepalming: I will be glad to correct this if you were to give me a better expression of what itā€™s originally supposed to mean.

Of course, I can start a new thread about it but I feel bad about starting something without providing my personal thoughts. Maybe I should just leave a blank post reserved for my review? I have ordered a red one yesterday and another one might be en route to me in a couple of days, too.

Cheers,
Thomas

(it is not a kinky double entendre)

according to Wikipedia:
ā€œin North Americaā€¦ coatings thicker than 25 Ī¼m (0.001ā€) are known as Type III, hardcoat, hard anodizing
ā€¦
Hard anodizing can be made between 13 and 150 Ī¼m (0.0005ā€ to 0.006ā€) thickā€

I dont know if the hard anodising finish Sofirn is using, qualifies as HA III in USA.

We would need to know how thick the coating is.

Well, thatā€™s something only Sofirn could tell us.

yes, maybe you can find out and start a thread about the C01S, including that info :slight_smile:

from where I sit, the C01 seems to wear similarly to the coating on the Fenix E01 and the ARC AAA. I do not know if those are HA III, by USA definition, either.

Did you guys notice that Sofirn added a beamshot of the C01S on the AliExpress product page?

Edit: I asked them for a beamshot in a message on AliExpress a couple of days ago. I also inquired about the optic being used but they just replied saying theyā€™ll add photos later and that theyā€™ll try to post a video on monday. At least we got that photo. Wonder where theyā€™ll post that video if they do it?

But since the price increased and thereā€™s not yet info on what the head design is like (Iā€™d like to try out different optics) Iā€™m holding off on ordering for now.

the C01S has a TIR and a High Power LED

The CO1 uses a 5mm Low Power LED

Both models use the same host.

Thanks, couldnā€™t figure that out myself.
Theyā€™re using a TIR optic which does not tell me or anyone anything about the optic being used.

So?

Both models use the same body. The heads are different.

Missed this thread for few days and there came C01S, interesting!

Very good job on the nice manual Thomas!!

What ā€œHigh CRI LED emitterā€ are they referring to?

and what is ā€œanti-crash geometryā€?

crumple zones on front and rear?

AFAIK, Sofirn uses the Luminus SST-20 4.000K 95CRI in the C01S. By the time the manual was being translated there was no information what tint colour they will be using. So, it is what it is. :wink: I was told the blue and red anodized C01S are also meant to be sold on Amazon later on.

Please could someone who can get answer from Sofirn ask them if they are considering release of BLF version of C01S?
I mean L (M)H. I would definitively buy some of BLFā€™s version of C01S.
Thank you!

First of all it would be nice to know what the BLF-edition will be like. So far, I noted:

- reversed order of modes (L-H instead of H-L)

- clear anodization instead of black/blue/red

• BLF insignias

Anything else?

Maybe a nice casket made of teakwood and some certificate sayinā€™ ā€œno. 007 of 500ā€? :smiley:
Maybe with hand-picked SST-20 4.000K 95CRI that have a duv of less than ā€“0.0005 or maybe a bit below the BBL?
Maybe with some incorporated trit vials and a magnet?

(I assume those three extra wishes would raise the price by factor 10 at leastā€¦LOL)

^ without knowing what the production light comes with:

- no potting

• no glued bezel