[Available again! - BLF special edition light] new Sofirn AAA twisty high CRI 5mm LED

ifi ts a neodymium magnet its strong enough.

Not great but good enough

Where are you guys getting the magnets? Using gorilla glue to fix them place?

Fasttech

or banggood

I got mine from either Fasttech or supermagnete.de.

Yes, it actually is. It has to be a smooth metal surface. I can actually stick this to the side of my refrigerator. However, it’s not as tight a hold as something like an Olight S10 or S15. I went by what others said, to get a magnet 3mm thick. So I went ahead and used super glue to attach the magnet. As you can see, it sits just a little bit low, maybe 0.3 mm. I had presumed the glue would create a buffer, but it slipped around it and allowed the magnet to settle down. It still holds fairly well, but I think if the magnet was totally flush it would be a touch stronger. Acetone will remove super glue, but only on the surface. Even though I applied enough to seep around the magnet, it wasn’t enough to dislodge it. Super glue seems to be an excellent adhesive for this task—it’s really holding on strong!

I bought my magnets from eBay. $1.78 for 20. Slow road from China, as they say, took about 2 weeks. I’d mail out some to a few people, but given the relative cost of postage, it’s far more sensible to just buy your own.

With diffuser, C01 and C01S can be a small lantern.

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/2pcs-lot-White-diffuser-for-sofirn-C01-C01S-SP10-SF14-Q8/2933049_32991805908.html

Finally got my CO1’s today…took a month and a few days

Will this one be strong enough? N50 vs N52 from fasttech

20pcs 5x3 mm 5 x 3 N50 Super Strong Rare Earth Magnet Small Round Powerful Neodymium Magnet

I do not think that the listed strength has much to do with what you get, I have the impression that there is a lot of variation, possibly caused by how long the magnets are stored at what temperature.

Magnet strength is one of these features that can not easily be measured, so sellers get away with everything and so everything is what you will get (including good ones).

Thanks djozz,
You are probably and unfortunately right :frowning:

BTW any news about C01S BLF edition?

Convoy has some 5mm x 3mm on their Ali Express store. They’re certainly not the best price, but I’d expect that Simon is selling good quality.

I ordered some of the magnets recommended way back on this thread, and just used a dab of Loctite Clear Power Grab interior construction adhesive, and it worked fine. Right now I have the light sticking to the side of my computer case horizontally with no problems whatsoever.

Call me crazy but I ordered 5x2.5mm magnets, the half millimeter leaves the perfect amount of room for a dab of epoxy on the back of the magnet. Place a piece of wax paper over something magnetic and set the light on it (standing upright), that way the magnet will be at the exact right height, then leave it to dry for a few hours at least.

My experience is that you don’t need that much adhesive. I ordered the recommended 3mm x 5mm magnets, and as I stated in my previous post, the adhesive I am using works just fine. I am sure that epoxy would be a better adhesive than the one I am using, but one uses what one has. The first C01 I did hung on the side of my computer case for a couple of weeks before I took it down to EDC it.

And as a side note, getting that split ring threaded through the little hole was definitely an exercise in patience. It took probably ten minutes for my fat fingers to finally thread it through, but it is there now. Now I just have to find the boxes for the other C01 and my C01S that I just received [Yeah! Neat little light!] and do the same to them.

Two of those magnets snug fit the C01. Used superglue.

Many are watching. Can you please post a link to find those magnets? Thanks.

Sure: your-supermarket.local :wink:

All I wanted to say is that it’s probably not necessary to order online when you have a supermarket keeping this brand of cigarette paper. I superglued two of them on top of each other.

OK now I learned that Gizeh is cigarette rolling paper, but am still confused. Are there magnets used in the packaging of the papers?

Thanks for the pic, those fit perfect!

Yes, there’s a magnet in the flap of the packaging.