[Available again! - BLF special edition light] new Sofirn AAA twisty high CRI 5mm LED

Definitely more important to my usage as well. Trits, Magnet, Tail stand…none I need, but a moonlight…definitely.

I’m in for at least 4.

trithole, magnethole and tailstanding do not add costs and do not affect robustness, more than 1 mode requires a chip component on the driver which adds cost and is an extra component that can fail.

Extra cost+ extra point of failure places extra modes outside the scope of this light in my opinion. The goal is to have an extremely durable and reliable light, like the Fenix E01, but with a superior Yuji 5mm LED.

This is coming from someone who generally loves having multiple modes on a light.

The most important tail feature to me is that it tailstands. There’s really no reason to make a light not tailstand. Anyone who has ever experienced a power outage knows just how handy tailstanding can be.

On that note, I want to mention an unintentional “feature” of the E01, the head is the perfect size to use a lip balm cap as a diffuser. I’d love to be able to do the same with this light.

OOOHHH! Cool! :sunglasses: :+1:

True. No need to overcomplicate. An extremely durable and reliable light is what we are trying to get here, as I understand.
If Sofirn would be interested they can launch later/same time another version/model with 2-3 modes.
KISS is definitely a good idea :wink:

May be crazy but my favorite UI is tighten to turn off. To me it is more secure. Two of my AAAs have this and great for one-handed operation. It may be more expensive as it is on pricier lights.
Very excited about this project.

List is updated through post 582 (Nguyen).

Shortcut to list

Total count is now 456.

Very nice. Updated.

I already have you listed for 2 of each color temp from post 198.

Let me know which is your current desired quantity. Thanks.

Just to clarify, you requested 3x3200k in post 277, so I’m reading your interest as 3x3200K and 2x5600K. Is that correct?

Looking good!

2 for me, 3200K please

The only light I’m familiar with to have tighten off is the Mag Solitaire, so I’m not too familiar with the differing mechanisms used in such twisties, but the Mag has extra parts twist on switches don’t have. Twist on switches are much simpler and reliable.

I don’t want to speak for other users, but I don’t want to see this design deriving too far from the tried and true Arc AAA, Fenix E0/E01, Peak Matterhorn, etc.

Got it. Did not know that and agree with you.
My 2 were a Tain Ottavino and Vollsion SP 11. Just like that UI.
Also have an E01 and like it alot.

I have numbers of AAA lights but most of them don't tailstand ...OR tailstand so poorly it's not worth talking about

jetbeam Jet u

Eagletac D25AAA

olight i3

Eoslamp SP11-S

Lumintop titanium tool

Eagletac and the ti are clearly the best .rock solid tailstanders

The olight and theEOS lamp tailstand kind of average

and

the Jetbeam Jet-U is a pretty tipsy tailstander

The magnet on a litle light like this is very nice useful and cheap to accomplish .

a trit on a 6$ light makes almost no sense and 99% of the people who will use this kind of light haven't ever seen and most never heard of a trit .

My vote would be for a bigger magnet or a hole / magnet option

The Tain Ottavino has tighten off, it’s a twist only.

I’m not expecting a $6 to look good in the first place.

Let’s be real here, 99% of the people who will use these lights are people on flashlight forums.

Correct. As does the SP 11. That is what I was trying to say.

You can’t say that Sofirn does not have the dedication to this light. They went ahead with the drawing of the tail and sent me this render.

Mind that I brought the holes as an option that we are still discussing on, but they put them in the drawing anyway. This is good because now we have better material to base the decisions on. I see that they sticked to the slightly narrowed tail, I guess for their own aestetic reasons, but I estimate that tailstanding will still be good. I gave them the size of the trithole (6.4x1.7mm) but it seems somewhat large (or maybe not), have to check that.

My personal opinion is that it looks rather good like this. If we go for no holes, the tail will look more slick even, but also with holes it looks good, and me I like the options for magnet and trit.

Those look good to me!

I’m definitely adding clips to my order, now that they’re reversible. Being able to clip lights to my baseball cap is amazingly useful.

I’m very impressed by the way that Sofirn are engaging with us on this project. It’s cool to be even a small part of it :slight_smile: