Awesome SRK mod (Tterev3)

No doubt this guy is talented but it’s too complicated for me needs. I’m a simplton so I need simple and basic UI.

There are skunks in San Diego?

nobody seems ‘blown away’ by the light like I am. Absolutely amazed. I guess I’m lucky it’s not available for purchase, I would not be able to say no to this one. Does one have to be a genius to put together something like this. Programmable, additional LEDs installed, a behind the switch LED notifying of battery voltage, and temperature, and those crazy colored strobe modes! I asked Richard at Mountain about it, he’s intrigued, but has NO time. How am I supposed to enjoy my incoming Sunwayman D40A after watching this video? ARGGGG!

Happy Easter -

shut up and take my wallet!!!

He created an OVERSIZED Nitecore SRT-7, with UV!!! Very cool light though! I need to do this to my Convoy L4 I have coming! That interface is mazing!

That’s what I thought too.
More info here:
tterev3’s PIC quickstart guide

Nitecore SRT7 uses anemic little 5mm RGB LEDs.

This is really cool. Would it be possible to change the emitters for color XMLs and have the same or similar functionality with less modification?

+1

Color XMLs are rated for 1A per LED die. So only 1A for white vs 3A for a normal XML. Less lumens.

I want one. I don’t have anywhere near the electrical engineering experience to make one though. Could probably do the firmware, but hardware is not one of my skills.

I know this is in direct conflict with my normal push for more lumens but I was thinking of more simplicity and incredibly cool. So yes a big hit on the lumens but could be really cool.

Oh yea, if you don’t mind the lumen hit it would be easier.
Replace only 1 LED with a color XML and you’ll still have 7A worth of white.

Great modeds and SRK Mod ! Would be nice he he sold those custom drivers with those modes & Firmware to build a simmilar “perfect” SRK.

Wow! I can’t believe the enthusiasm on this forum, you guys are awesome! Thanks for all the kind words. If anybody is interested in doing something similar I am happy to help and I can provide the source code

Not only is he a genious.. he is also a great person by helping others! And for providing his source code.

Awesome awesomeness

my son and I were blown away by this! But I think we each liked different feature sets. I liked the ramping up / down, the colors were nice too. What would be the order of mods from simple to hard? We have a 4x SRK (or clone), and noticed it gets quite warm on the mid level after 1/2 hr. or so. It is stock. We’re using 4 Samsung 2600 purple cells.

You could do just the UI mod and would be fairly straightforward. All the machining and extra electronics to add color is what takes the most time. If you wanted the UI to be like mine for the white, you’d need to remove the stock uC and replace it with a PIC16F1824 or 1825, which would have to just be floating since it’s a 14-pin part, and then you could use MELD firmware with colors disabled. This would give you the same UI on white and voltage monitor, but no temperature monitor, no button indicator, and no color/uv emitters

This is pretty incredible. Great Job on this tterev3! I watched the video - just awesome.

I just revisited this page, and saw you gave the source code. Kudos.