Babka firmware development

Thank you, i will look that one as well.

Unfortunately we are facing with more issues, made some modifications and it seems the next modes are jumping randomly.
We are still testing with Zozz, but if won’t work maybe i will ask your help.

Ok. If you run into something, describe in as much detail as possible and share your code and I’ll try to take a look. Just don’t post the code in this thread… use Pastebin, Google Doc, or something

A question…
We are facing with faster performance on Convoy C8 or on S2+ (XP L HI).
It means that we set the timer for 8 minutes and with 120 beats it take only 3 minutes 20 second.
Also we had to change the blinking speed from 750 to 1250 to make it workable.
Or the _delay_s are faster shorter then 1s.
Which switches define the speed of the firmware?

We saw this issue on the Biscotti as well.

Thanks

Off the top of my head, my first thought is to check your fuse values you’re using when flashing. Convoy accidentally used the wrong ones and doubled the speed of everything on the first round of lights that went out with Biscotti.

When using an attiny13, try these fuses:

As a fallback option, you could adjust the BOGOMIPS variable in tk-attiny.h. It, along with F_CPU define how fast everything else runs.

This means to set like this:

#define FAST 0x75
#define PHASE 0xFF ?

Or i misunderstood here something? Sorry this part is fully not clear for me.

No, it’s after you’ve already compiled the code. You use the fuses when flashing the hex file onto the driver. You’re most likely either using ToyKeeper’s flash.sh file or an avrdude command. That is, unless you’re using an IDE then I’m not quite sure how to help there as I’ve never used one for AVR. If you’re using an IDE, you might ask for help in the Guide: How to Flash… thread

If you’re using avrdude, make sure your command is something like this:

Oh i see…
I’m using Atmel Studio 7.0 for compiling the fw, but will check the settings.

Yeah, I’ve never touched Atmel Studio but I can Google with the best of ’em :wink:

Here’s a YouTube video showing how to select fuse settings. It’s using Studio 6, but I image that Studio 7 would be similar.

Essentially, open up the Device Programming menu. Select the Fuses category. In the Fuse Register area, use 0xFF for High and 0x75 for Low

Oh thanks, i could seach for it, just did not have time yet just finished with work :slight_smile:

I’m just realized what we are talking about here :slight_smile:

Of course i am using avrdude for flashing and with these fuse settings, but don’t make anny difference.

Maybe should check the Hz and BOGOMIPS then.

Okay this speed think is causing more challenges :frowning:

If we are using the default configs the whole blinking, time is too fast. (Bogomips 950, blink_speed750, ticks_per_minute 120):
In this case the blinking so fast that not able to configure, if blink_speed modified to 1250, the blinkes are better but all the delays are wrong.
In case of Turbotimer 8 minutes in real just 3:50 minutes.

If i modify the BOGOMIPS to 2350 everything is better (can use the blink speed at 750, ticks per minutes 120 etc), but in this case the fast presses not good, easily can go into hidden modes.
Is there any way to modify the fast press speed?

Thank you

I believe you when you say that you check the fuse settings. But what you’re describing really sounds to me like the wrong fuse settings were used. As you’re also experiencing this with Biscotti, it’s doesn’t seem to be related to the code. So that leaves (1) something during flashing (aka, the fuses) or (2) something physical with the driver. You didn’t build this driver or replace the MCU, did you?

It might not hurt to pose this question in the Guide: How to Flash… thread where it might get more attention

Is there a compiled version (hex file) ?

I get many errors (pic)

Yup, it’s up on TK’s repository here. If you want to try compiling it again, it looks like you’re missing TK’s include files, which can be found 1 directory up.

I missed this thread somehow and would like to thank gchart for posting it up.
For members like me mentally deficient in understanding the coding side of things rely heavily on others doing the heavy lifting for us.
Long story short your 100, 20 with turbo and memory turned off was just what the Dr ordered.
Glad I stumbled on it in TK’s repository looking for something else. :beer: :slight_smile:

:+1:

Thanks for bringing this thread back up! I’ve done some more work lately too, I really need to get that posted (I’ve ported Babka to the BLF A6 driver, made some space efficiency improvements, etc)

I had babka symlinked from biscotti for a while to increase its visibility, but people on Windows have trouble with symlinks so I ended up removing it.

I’ve run into more issues since then though, where a symlink is really the only viable solution. Would really like to find a way to use those without breaking things for Windows folks.

It does not seem that long ago that a 4 mode 7135 driver was special. Now we are spoilt rotten by you guys and a Princess.
I’m using it on a driver for a IR build where 100, 20, and 1% was used from Biscotti but the 1% just did not work hence the 100, 20% will be perfect.

Nice work, gchart. I’m really looking forward to try it. I’m guessing there will be different versions for the ATTINY13 and ATTINY25?

I’m interested in the A6 driver port of Babka. I have 3 lights running Babka right now, I change the 3 taps for blinky modes to 6 taps since I was accidentally activating it while playing with the lights. I think this firmware running on a commonly available A6 driver would make a great single sided driver for those who don’t want to solder a 7135x8 driver to an S2+ pill and would rather use the retaining ring.