Back

Hey all, I used to post as FellfromTree but I can’t seem to find the password or user. So I’m back to plug up the forums with innuendo and make wight roid rage with confusion. :slight_smile:

I been working on a light on and off since that time. Video of early models here /watch?v=PSJU7t3Luxc /watch?v=Vs8_y3JaQmQ

It’s basically an 11 amp yezl with a MT-G2. Inspired by the people here. But it’s different in a lot of ways. Monitoring using a custom buck 2,3, or 4 cells, has all modes including a smooth light ramp, button lit by a uv light, programmable morse code, customizable beacon and strobe, voltage monitoring. I’m trying to make a light that’s practical depending on the number of cells it finds installed and programmable so anyone can customize their light from the button. In current form it needs an oven mitt custom knit to run full out.

So anyways that’s what I’ve been up to! I lost some emitters but I think got it down to were all the heat is managed by a very smart turbo.

Oh yeah that’s supposed to be vinh in the end of the videos… This light will piledrive his stuff and roll over his face like that lol j/k or am I?

j/k Vinh… umm

Welcome back Fell. I was just starting to get your humor when you disappeared. Good to have you back bro.

Sorry to tell you Wight left with this thread.

Ah blasphemy! I learned a lot by bugging the heck out of him… Ah well how’s things been going for you 4Wheelr. Were in a drought here, can’t even water the lawns but some reason we got rain today and tonight.

I would inject something about the guy running things here but I see sb has the list when created the account. Rather stick around…

Well lemme browse some threads and catch up here.

We're very glad to have you here, fellfromtree/Bosses Son!

I'm happy that Fresno is getting some rain.

I know our state needs it and I have friends and family in Porterville. ;)

Welcome back to the Bosses Son. Who's the Boss? Sounds like a weapon of a light your building. I'll watch the vid later at a more appropriate time.

Just thinking out loud here but I'm sure some members here have changed there user names and kept the same account. Maybe sb can reunite you with tour old account?

Welcome back Bosses Son / FellfromTree! Just PM me and I can help you reset your password.

Bosses Son wrote:

Ah blasphemy! I learned a lot by bugging the heck out of him.. Ah well how’s things been going for you 4Wheelr. Were in a drought here, can’t even water the lawns but some reason we got rain today and tonight.

Yeah, he taught me a lot too even though it was sometimes a bitter pill to swallow. It was all good as he meant well.

Doing alright. Haven't had much time for the hobby for some time now, but I can't complain.

Sorry to hear about the continued drought. Man, I heard it's been like 7 years of drought out there so far. Hope that comes to end soon for you all.

See you in the forum wild man. :)

Been kind of a slow year here. No I’m not a wild man lol :8)

Yeah been on and off with the lights too… Hey DnF you make any more lights in your shop?

Anyways had some inlaws over the weekend so was pretty busy. I’ll try to make it a point to post more.

Hey raccoon… I been down in porterville all of once, but yeah we have rain coming hopefully

I may of built one or two. I've had trouble with my two assistants which has severely held up production. The wife just thinks I've got slack but I know better. The below post is where I had to sack the assistants for the first time. Its so hard getting good help these days. The oulaws. Were you busy hosting them or hiding from them?

https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/29448

Ha yeah hiding mainly. Remember that BTU shocker you made. That is just awesome :slight_smile:

Sack the assistants, that’s what they call it nowdays. Yeah me and my buddy got talking about that once. We both took the same machine shop classes in college. For every one that could use a micrometer their was one who was eyeballing everything, or was that me