Bad Dealextreme Trustfire 14500?

I just got my first li-ion batteries a pair of black/red trustfire 14500. One battery check 3.87 volts out of the wrapper the other was zero. I charged the good one in my also new XTAR MP1 charger and it came off the charger at 4.17 volts. The 0 volt one I did an ohm check on the battery, had a connection. I popped it on the charger and instantly charger was charging. I also instantly popped it off the charger and checked voltage, now I got 3.83 volts! I figure the protection circuit was tripped? I put it back on the charger and it charged up in the same amount of time as the first battery and came off the charger at 4.17 volts. Let it sit awhile and held 4.16 volts. It seems to work just as good as the other battery with using it and monitoring voltage drop, now should I be worried about this battery and trying to go thru the hassle of getting it replaced thru Dealextreme?

If it makes you feel better, I just recently had the exact same issue with a pair of black/red flame trustfire 16340's. One good, other tripped. Reset it and it charged up fine. I did mark it to help me remember to keep an eye on it, but other than that it's gone through a few charge/discharge cycles just fine.

Thanks Match, thats good to hear. I'll just keep an eye on it like your doing.

I had the same problem but it came good with a charge.

You may find where you wrong lies by looking at the manual or instruction. You can know where your wrong lies by looking at the manual. You also can just keep and eye on it before you have it changed from dealextreme.

I had 2 out of the 4 I purchased read 0 volts until I put in my Tenergy charger. Then they were fine. Funny thing, my Xtar WP2 charger wouldn't even wake them up.

You say "my Xtar WP2 charger wouldn't even wake them up. " I think there must be some technical matter for that situation. There may be something wrong with Xtar WP2 charger. If you are pretty sure there is something wrong with yourTrustfire 14500 from dealextreme. You can contact the CS of the DX and have your problems solved.

Some chargers will not reset protection circuits, the reason Pila has a reset button for each channel. You can always parralel up another cell to reset the circuit.

last time i checked there were 3 price versions on DD. DX has a good reputation for these cells. If you got bad cells, you can always ask for FREE replacement from DX.

The words copyied from DX website.

Should the item become defective within the manufacturer's warranty period (physical damages and damages caused by incorrect usage excluded), customers may send the unit back to DX's Hong Kong office. DX will help forwarding the item to the manufacturer for repair or replacement, and will look after the progress.

But you sould keep in mind that The customer will need to cover shipping fees both ways.

Hmmm. Never got defective cells from DX, so i dont know the ACTUAL procedure for sure. Batteries are prone to being defective, and no battery seller can expect the consumer to ship back the defective cells. I would contact them on the chat channel (James), or open a DX case (chelsea).