Balder SE-1 XM-L

My friends, I bought this torch too and I´d like to know if you guys think it´s better with the IMRs batteries instead the TF 14500. I don´t have any IMR so I need to buy some if you think it´s better.

Don's SE-1 failed after tests. I don't have any 14500 IMR's but my SE-1 T6 CW runs on 14500 Protected Trustfire Flame just fine @2A. Love this little pocket rocket!!

Thanks UPz

On my sample, it actually will tailstand when its turned on, but not the most stably. The rubber boot is firm enough to support it when the clicky is in.

Put it in a glass.

What's wrong with metal switches even for tactical use? Then you have a sturdy platform to tail stand without crippling the "tactical" characteristic, or whatever the reason for having it that way is.

Id be in for that...!

(pouring out Vodka)

Tested my pal´s SE-1.

What a looker and performer, simple yet decent quality, was an XPG, though.

It seemed like it could not take a flat top IMR?

lol! Always good to get rid of the alcohol before sticking the light in the glass. That is unless you want to clean the threads at the same time...

don't pour it out, drink it! some consider pouring it out sinful, but it is alcohol abuse at the least.

srtbrazil: Bought 2 IMR14500 from Bestinone, one of them works in the SE-1 and it´s even more fun than with a TF Flame, really really bright!
The two batteries looks just the same but just one of them works in the Balder, the other one works in my Xeno 03 without problems....
I´ll probably trim a small magnet and epoxiglue it to the top of the battery.
I also bought IMR10440´s to use in my Maratac AAA´s and ITP EOS A3, and it is a real improvement over a unprotected Trustfire, crazy bright for a light that small!

Magnet will solve it. Only 2 of my 6 TF flame 14500 works without the magnet.

Whats it pulling on IMR?

as bright as the xeno i assume?

Wha??? DRINKING vodka! :wink:

Balder makes another 1x14500 XM-L light, the BD-1P, which sells for about $20 more. I wonder how their beams compare. Here are the differences I'm aware of:

The BD-1P...

- has a fatter middle

- lets you remove and replace the glass lens, or insert a Lee filter beneath it to change the tint;

- is better-built

- comes in cool tint (T6 bin) only

- can switch between 1-cell and 2-cell length

It would be great if someone who owned both would compare their beam profiles, outputs, and runtimes.

Sure. I've already posted a review here: https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/5245 :P

I have both and will compare the XM-L SE-1 to the BD-1P. I might have that posted later today.

Control

Mouse over = BD-1P (14500), Mouse out = SE-1 XM-L (14500)

Mouse over = BD-1P (2 x Eneloop), Mouse out = SE-1 XM-L (14500)

Mouse over = Manafont UF XM-L P60 (18650), Mouse out = SE-1 (14500)

hi guys,

Does your SE-1 XM-L has soldering between pil and driver? mine doesn't and not working from beginning :(