Banggood convoy S2+ with SST40 Any info please

Hello everyone

Any have any information about this light Convoy S2+ with SST40

It has good price for a 1800 lumen light

Hi. I got it since yesterday. SMO ref, quite bright at the beginning, floody, bypassed springs. Yeah, 1800… But be aware this is just for a short period.

what do you mean with short period

Read the review of the 21700 version , stepdown may be a bit faster because of the small size or a bit slower because of the 5A limit instead of 6A, both factors will probably cancel each other.

You’ll soon be holding the wrong end of a curling-iron.

That time between “Holy Crap, that’s bright!” and “Holy Crap, I’m suffering 1st- and 2nd-degree burns on my fingers!” is a short period.

I had a Convoy S2+ modded with noctigon 3up MCBCP with 3 XPL and FET driver with IMR cell and this light accidently turned on in my pocket for about a minute Now i have a big hole in my trousers :smiling_imp:

It’s the version with step-down when the driver reaches 55ºC, that’s only 15ºC (27ºF) higher than a hot summer day where I live and there are much hotter places in the world, it’s not that hot. Anyway the body didn’t even reach 120ºF after 15 min. You are more likely to be burn with coffee or in the shower.

The SST-40 has a very cool white, greenish beam with lots of tint shift in this light and most others from what I’ve seen. The 5000K version will be more neutral white of course, but if you can build a triple IMHO that’s a better route to take.