Banggood not IOSS compliant

The CN22 declaration is always required, even for IOSS parcels.

Thanks for explaining the name thing Correllux and Mike C. That actually makes more sense than a bot using a database of standard names. Although I wouldn’t discount it considering BG’s live chat bot experiences.

Just checked Aliexpress packaging I threw in the garbage earlier (went straight though customs without a hitch) and that’s not a CN22 label. That’s specific issue I can ask customs about. Not an expert, but I can imagine that taxes are electronically handled, why rely on printed labels. But maybe various systems around the world are not interconnected and thus a label is the only way. Another thing I noticed AE parcels always have 2 to 3 labels stuck on top of each other. Probably done at various stages by various authorities during shipping. Not the case here (unless they stuck perfectly straight over the other one(s)).

I’ve thrown away my BG parcels but I have several orders from them on the way. If they come through without me getting screwed by customs I’ll look for that sticker. I guess BG don’t have a single CN warehouse stock, when you order something it could come from any small Chinese business which probably have some of their own shipping handers. Disclaimer: I’m just assuming here, in all honesty I don’t really know.

Maybe I’m wrong, but delivery without additional VAT, customs clearance is only possible if you choose “EU PRIORITY LINE” shipping method on BG.
I always use this and till now all deliveries were without VAT, customs procedures.

Kind regards

I have some orders on the way with EU priority line, but the latest one that came through “Ship from CN via Banggood Express” and didn’t have any issues with customs clearance. But because of this I took a look at all my current orders, and I have a variety of shipping methods, none of which I have selected myself. The variations are:

Ship from CN via Priority Direct Mail
Ship from CN via Standard Mail Register
Ship from CN via EU Priority Line
Ship from CN via Banggood Express

Live chat are always a bot firewall for reduce basique and simple question/request.

Have you try the classical email?

service@banggood.com

Subject, order number and your problem explained in more detail, finish with short conclusion, you have paid product include VAT and you need paid VAT again after sale.

Don’t be aggressive, you have a question you want an answer.
You will be able to have one or more automatic replies, simply answer that you bought a product includ VAT and you paid more VAT in contradictions of their announcement.
Copy paste your question as many times as you will receive the same auto answer copy paste.
Raise all 72H (48 if you are impatient) with the mention “raise after 72H (48 if you are impatient) without answer and the copy of your question.

You can try this, personally a real people intervenes after 1-3 raise and provides a different response for continue the ”negociation” and potentially solves the problem( otherwise have at least a clear, precise and firm answer, useful for the future).
In refund case, Banggood try often half refund refuses and asks the whole this should be accepted.
I’m VIP 5 and even without I have already been refund products with more or less fallacious reasons :innocent:
Not win all time but in fact i’m really beneficiary in my gain/loss with Banggood on the contrary of certain I choose BG rather than other Chinese website
For VAT I don’t know, never issu for the moment, I use Banggood express shipping.

I have orders from last year after 1 July in BG for over 500$ and didn’t have any stopped package from custom yet. Also I didn’t see any IOSS label. I think they just put another label in Netherland customs before shipping to my country. My last order was for 330$ thermal camera and I didn’t pay any additional taxes to customs. Also I used live chat and there was real person for one of my oders. Now is CNY and I think all are in vacantion from that support.

I never got those on my packages when shipped via postnl and thats why i never pay extra fees as it showed no signs it came from china…

I just now received two orders that had status “Ship from CN via Priority Direct Mail”. No issues with customs. Both packages have labels on them indicating they come from Belgium though. I’m starting to think they don’t actually pay any VAT or similar, they have just found a way around it, and it probably won’t last. Again, just me assuming, I don’t really know.

They get relabeled or are shipped in bulk.

I have one package from Banggood in post center waiting for me picking it up. Now I’m interested to check what labels it includes and what it doesn’t. I have never chosen any special mailing services. I have just used the cheapest one to Finland.

yes thats the whole point, they dropship to a country in eu, switch labels or whatever and then sends to final destination so no fees to the user… so not sure if they changed this now ?

So they are charging EU customers MORE … pretending that they are collecting and sending VAT to the EU … but actually keeping it themselves?!

It does not surprise me. Banggood are a bunch of scammers. They tried to screw me over a couple of years ago. After spending hundreds of dollars every year they tried to screw me out of a few bucks. I told them it would be the last cent they ever got from me, and I have held firm to that. It was about the principle, not the money.

if u will be forced to pay extra fees now and it says they are included then things have changed to the worse now….

Quick update; after putting it out of my head during the weekend, I’ve decided to pay customs, take my ‘losses’ and move on. I’ve also read some other BG horror stories and it’s basically a dead end. Life is too short to waste anymore energy on these scammers. They lost me as a customer and probably more, judging by comments here. And I know a few people at work who are also very close to abandoning them. Guess I’ll have to nudge them in the right direction :smiley: Especially now that Aliexpress is a really good alternative after they adopted IOSS last year.

So with that cleared up, I’m actually looking forward to finally getting the package. Should take a few days for it to arrive. And I must admit that I’m very curious what’s inside. Based on the import scan, the size and contents does not match at all with a single flashlight, so there might be a surprise. But I will film opening it just in case, since I don’t trust it at all.

Living in Germany, I ordered a couple of items at Banggood lately, all arrived this year. No extra fees, no hassle with customs with any of them.

did it show signs it came from china ?

A few more o my orders have showed up without hassles with customs. They’ve all had labels from Belgium. For me it’s convenient with Klarna pay in 30 days option so I’ll continue using them, at least if I don’t get screwed.

Well, the plastic transport bags were a clear indication of the origin, but the sender on the label was a German logistics company.

No problem with the Italian customs.