Banggood selling fake Nitecore charger? confirmed by Nitecore's website, if it's working.

+1

Title is misleading. I came in thinking I was going to read about how BG is selling a bunch of fake chargers. In reality, nitecore’s website verfication doesn’t work.

This doesn’t really have much to do with BG unless your unit is fake.

+1 to that too. You’re missing the bigger picture. You’re ruining BG’s reputation based on speculation. Even if your charger is not performing to spec, there are many other possible explanations. Maybe you got a defective unit?

I’m not saying BG isn’t selling fakes. However, from the evidence provided, it seems more likely it’s just an issue with the verification system.

EDIT: On another note, nice to see xtar taking the initiative to contact users with potential defective units.

@ illuminos. The title is asking the question ‘are Banggood selling fake Nitecore chargers’ hence the question mark.

I am not asking the question because my unit is defective as I don’t think it is, it just gives a slightly different reading to my DMM. I asked the question because it failed the validation check.

What I do find strange is the fact that, as yet there has been no response from Nitecore to my email. Yet Xtar has responded. I think Xtar will get my custom in future.

Marc.

The following page might be somehow helpful. HKJ has a page called "Nitecore chargers the i4 family and clones". Perhaps some information from that page may shed some information to help identify a copy/fake or a clone.

marcl - Best wishes to sort it out.

The title is misleading to anyone reading it. You first ask if Bangood is selling fake chargers. Then you say confirmed by Nitecore’s site if it’s working. Nobody knows if Nitecore’s site is working, and from what we’ve seen it isn’t. In fact people have posted that genuine chargers are reported as fakes by Nitecore’s site.

Failing the validation check is not the same as Banggood selling a fake. And again it’s not up to Banggood to fix Nitecore’s system. Why are you casting dirt on Banggood and not all the other sellers who are in the same boat?

You can say what you want about your wording, and in fact believe it to be true, but I bet most people who see it immediately think that Banggood is selling fakes, and that it’s confirmed by Nitecore if their validation site is up and working.

I don’t have any dog in this fight but I hate to see a company get slammed over someone’s not so cute wording.

YMMV

I agree & actually this topic should be removed! It’s too sensitive & annoying to the people! |(

I’ve been watching this thread for a while, was going to stay out of it and figured you would eventually change the title. No matter the punctuation, the title is misleading. Think psychology. Not fair for you to damage their buisness if you really don’t know for sure.

@photons away. Thank you, I will have a look and see if I can shed any light on the situation.

To anyone who may be angered by this thread, don’t read it and post a response. There are often threads I don’t like or agree with, I don’t ask for them to be removed. That place is CPF.

Just in case anyone is interested, I still have had no response from Nitecore. Two emails, none answered.

Marc.

Just as an aside. I happen to love banggood, have had very little problems with my orders and place most of my business with them.

Marc.

The truth is out there... ;)

https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/32312

:bigsmile: TBH, I wasn’t even going to read this thread… until I saw that one pop up. :stuck_out_tongue:

> no answer

No personal answer; I haven’t had a personal answer either, but I didn’t ask for one.
Because it’s not all about me.
I asked them to check the thread, and they did, a while back.

It may not be all about you, either.

Their answer — already posted by Xtar for anyone who is having a problem — is inline above:

_
“Problems that remain persistently insoluble should always be suspected as questions asked in the wrong way.”
“Muddy water is best cleared by leaving it alone.”
Alan Watts

Nitecore? Xtar? Are they the same company?

Even though this thread is about Nitecore, someone mentioned having a problem with a Xtar charger, so Xtar has chimed in to get that sorted out. Not in any way related to the OP, but good CS opportunity for Xtar.

Post 5 or thereabouts, was about the similarity of the Nitecore system to XTARs system of verifying genuine units.
The problem ‘XTAR’ unit was referencing the stickers too, and may not be genuine or a false positive.

I think XTARs system would be hard to fudge if the numbers are not sequenced or in other ways predictable. Especially if the system only has numbers of units delivered to resellers. It would be better if it randomly combined letters and numbers. If a unit comes up legit, Id be happy to believe it was. If it failed, Id assume it was fake.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Defamation

ok.. I was thinking they were responding to the OP.. thats why I asked that question..

Thread title is wrong and misleading, OP should ne responsible enough to change it ASAP.

Fixed that for ya.

:wink:

Just a quick update. I am still waiting for a reply from Nitecore, I have sent 3 emails and had no response. I have also, not having had a response from BG, opened a PayPal dispute. They ignored PayPal as well. But this morning they refunded me, BG, not PayPal. Which they had no need to do if these are legit.

Marc.