Barbolight is back and has something very special

What does the required basic maintenance cost? Who pays shipping?
Do you replace the batteries?

Basic maintenance means:

Replacement of all o-rings (tailcap and head, total 3. We just use high quality NBR o-rings).
Replacement of polycarbonate lens.
Cleaning old lubricant and lubricate again (our lubricant can last more than two years).
Resealing again the external ring.
Test on pressure chamber.

No shipping included (it will be within your country).

Price: 30 US$

We will offer too an advanced maintenance, and this means the previous procedure plus replacing the whole light engine for an upgraded one (if technology has advanced… and it will) and the batteries, but at this point we can’t tell prices. Batteries at that point will cost way less than now, and there isa big chance that we will be using 20700 instead of 18650.

Bite the bullet and ordered the V-04.

You will find it surprising.

Neat, looking forward to hear what you think of it. I’m still intrigued, but still haven’t ordered.

I did, however, back the Apollo light on Kickstarter. Lol, its nothing that I needed but I think its a neat idea.

If we reduce our purchasings to “what we need” this world will disappear as we know it, this forum will be one of the victims :smiley: … Thank you very much for your support.

Javier

Josey Wales wrote: “If we reduce our purchasings to “what we need” this world will disappear as we know it”

Might have to quote that sometime. Perhaps tomorrow.

Barbolights are some of my all time favourites. I’ve got three.

Thanks to you all the project on Kickstarter has been successfully funded… and still 11 days to go.

Thank you, sincerely.

By the way, here is an advance of a prototype inspired on the beautiful lines of the Apollo penlight, it is a just a concept now, using a 18650 instead of 2xAA, and three times the current on the LED. Hope you like it, this early prototype is made of titanium and show some mismatch on the knurling… but you can get the idea.

Nice! Welcome back to BLF! I looked at your website, and I have one request: please show pictures facing the front of the flashlight reflector so that we can see the LED (s) inside.

Like this picture I took of the Zanflare F2S:

LED is a Cree XPL-HI with a focusing ring to center it perfectly and a smooth reflector. We will add the pictures the following weeks (photographer is on holiday)

Javier

Thanks!

Could you share some picts of the Apollo replica?… the ones on KS are tiny.
Probably better to start a thread about it though.

Welcome back Javier!

I LOVE THE V-04 FLOODLIGHT!!
Its tiny, super efficient and built like a mini-tank.

We go back a ways. You may recall the uproar when an unscrupulous Chinese company stole your designs to claim as their own.

Of course, I didnt provide the review… especially since they (Xeccon) were insistent to keep lying (over and over) that it was their own flashlight design! Experience dictates that history may repeat itself, but Im not sure there is anything you can do to protect yourselves from it.

Its great to see you back in the game and I wish you great success this time around. The workmanship and quality in the new product line looks professional/commercial grade and second to none.

Can a lanyard attach to the V-04?

This time I have everything under my control, or at least much more controlled than before. The owner of Xeccon, Xiware, Archon… is a person I trusted but sadly he decided the keep on enlarging the bad reputation of doing business with chinese. Not every chinese are like Felix Cai, but to be honest he would have done little without the support of people who knew what was he doing and didn’t care and took advantage of it. There are sneaky chinese, and for everyone of them there is a sneaky foreigner who does not mind what is happening. OK, that story is past.

Thank you very much for sticking to your principles. Soon we will consolidate the stock in the States and we will send you some units if you dont mind for review.

Javier

You need to do it using the fins on the body. We wanted to keep the lenght as compact as possible and the weight a light as possible, because many people will be using this light on their helmets, this is the reason we removed the traditional lanyard hole.

Javier

You need to do it using the fins on the body. We wanted to keep the lenght as compact as possible and the weight a light as possible, because many people will be using this light on their helmets, this is the reason we removed the traditional lanyard hole.

Javier

Host AND tint as faithful as possible to the original, with modernized performance?! :heart_eyes: Can’t say I have the means to buy one, but man do I cheer this little project. I’m a total sucker for retro lights with updated quality and technology.

Ahh yes… the name of “Felix Cai” conjures memories of fraud and deception. But you’re right; he never would have been successful, had it not been through the support of resellers. From what I gathered, sales and profit margins didnt meet expectations and prices plummeted over a relatively short period of time. While the resellers were aware, most who purchased were unaware of the design theft. If you hadn’t been vocal and posted your grievances online, I never would have known that your designs had been stolen, and I would have commenced with the review. Luckily, that was not the case. I did manage a pretty good laugh at the immense amount of effort the rep put into begging, threatening and berating me for the review. It served its purpose, for it left behind a glaring record of more deception and lies on their part. The small amount of money they “wasted” in delivering their counterfeit flashlight also seemed to bother them greatly. Which of course, made me smile all the more. I’ve always wondered if they had connections with Acebeam, since their dishonest Chinese business practices were so obtrusive, blatant and similar. Our wonderfully honest admin always backs me in these cases (and there have been several).

I would be very pleased to review your high quality line of underwater illumination gems. By now, I think there should be more demand in the marketplace for such utility. There are many diving enthusiasts who have suffered through the full gamete of purchasing cheap underwater lights, only to have them fail at the worst possible time, AND often having to complete their expensive dive trips using a cheap secondary. But then, every SCUBA cert Ive earned has preached the value of SCUBA related equipment as “life support equipment”, and should never be skimped upon (which includes secondary systems). To those with cheap Chinese dive lights, Ive always wondered if they were ever certified for SCUBA in the first place. :confounded:

Yep. We live a few blocks from the San Francisco Bay area’s Hayward Fault, which is wound up and ready to let go any time.
I look for that quality of equipment for the earthquake emergency box here.

And I tell my neighbors, if I’m not home when it happens, where they can find the flashlights, batteries, and rescue tools they’ll need.

Plan for it to get darker.

Emphasis in the original.