Battery ?

I was reading up on the charging process. The manual said don’t charge in high heat or humidity. I wasn’t sure if heat generated from the charger, combine with heat being summer will make the battery to get hot enough to trip the protection circuit or have an effect on the battery.

Which charger manual you reading??

It might or probably even does in some minuscule way we will never even know about unless we did in-depth research of some high level scientific type (which we won’t… :slight_smile: ).

I think mainly they are saying don’t have your charge charging in a sauna or a bathroom when taking a hot shower. :slight_smile: Or probably best not to put it in the sun on a hot summer day.

They are just covering their bases with those instructions. Just use common sense and all will be well. :+1:

The Panasonic manual on the CC17 you posted in post 126 #3 is the humid part the heat I must of read somewhere else.

Nothing to be concerned about in any way. Just don’t use it in the bathroom, sauna, or rain. :slight_smile:

Just put the batteries in the charger, plug it in, and wait until it tells you it is finished. You don’t have to check it, watch it, or worry about it.
Not even any big rush about taking the batteries out when they are finished
An hour, day, week, month, or year is soon enough with that charger. :wink:

BQ - CC17 / HKJ Review
http://lygte-info.dk/review/Review%20Charger%20Panasonic%20BQ-CC17%20UK.html

Do you have to watch the the charger for the first time using it?

I read it before I pick up the Eneloop kit. He said it was a good but slow charger.

It won’t hurt to glance at it… but if you don’t see smoke or flames don’t worry about it & go on with whatever your doing. No need to sit there and stare at it. :slight_smile: Cause like HKJ said…. it is slow. Like 6 hours or so slow. It will tell you when the charging is finished. Leave it alone & let it do what it is designed to do & do not try to second guess it. Simple as that. :slight_smile:

First time using the charger and charging the batteries. I rather be safe than sorry.

Thanks for the teacher!

Why asking this kind of question. It will be not easy for anyone to get an exact answer.

:+1: …. Your welcome. :slight_smile:

Also, you gotta try & remember… it is a completely different set of variables now than when you had your bad experience with chargers & rechargables those many years ago.
It is a whole new ballgame. With Eneloops & a semi-decent charger, chances are almost zero that anything will go wrong. :slight_smile:

One good thing that came from that experience is to think twice and to pay attention.

Yep, I’m sure as a youngster it was a definite attention getter, to say the least. :slight_smile:

Just don’t let it scar you for life………. :smiley:
It is a whole new ballgame now as far as chargers and cell go. It is hard to screw up with NiMH & just pay attention with LiIon’s and all will be good.
Oh yeah, anything “can” happen, and sometime does; despite being as cautious and careful as you possibly can.
BUT…. that also applies to absolutely anything & everything in life. :wink:

@ teacher
As a youngster I didn’t know any better. All I want to do is charge the battery and go play with my RC Car. I didn’t realize the potential danger in charging battery especially when the technology wasn’t all that great. It was a learning experience.

I can imagine. :smiley:
Didn’t you tell me it was some kind of rechargeable alkaline or something?

Didn’t you tell me it was some kind of rechargeable alkaline or something?
[/quote]

Yep, Those were the Radio Shack battery and charger.

How long does it take to discharge and charge AA/AAA Nimh? How do you figure the battery MAH?

Some flashlights use electronic switches — those use a trickle of battery power to keep the switch watching for you to press it.
That’s what’s called “passive drain”

I don’t know if that Coast flashlight has that problem, but google its model name/number and “drain” and it’ll turn up.

For many flashlights you can undo the battery cap a quarter turn or so and that disconnects the cells so passive drain doesn’t happen.
Tailswitches are physical switches and also physically disconnect the circuit.

Don’t leave alkaline cells in anything. Eventually they will leak.
Google how to clean up the resulting mess.

It depends on the discharge rate & the charge rate.

If you are talking about measuring discharge capacity of the battery, an analyzing charger is one way.

Put the batteries in, choose the mode, wait for it to finish, and read the outcome from the charger display.

I was reading about a charger that charges, then discharge, then charge. Is this refresh mode? Will this tell you the Mah of a battery?