Battle in the woods III: Elephants vs. Fox Part B -The Big Guns

That fireFox is badass! can’t believe that much light coming from such a small package, what is the runtime on it?

i got about 40 mins on mine but im not using high capacity 3400s and it didnt step down from 40w to 24w for more than 10 mins since it was cold out

i would guess you could get over an hour with panasonic 3400s

Love the HID lights. They still rule as far as I'm concerned.

Thanks for the photos.

those are some bad ass lights you got there. where can i acquire one on those firefoxes? do they cost over $300?

Very nice beamshots. Darth Vader is so cool among those flashlights.

Thanks Guys,

Also FF3 can still be bought here for $270:
http://flashlight-torch.com/firefoxesff3-p-20.html

Great pictures!! Awesome lights!!! Thank you for the pictures… :slight_smile:

Simply stunning.

Do you have a build thread for the Darth Vader light? I would love to see the development process. XD

Cheers!

Thanks buddy,

The thread for Darth Vader here: The Elephant and the Dragon

Thanks for the link. I found the CPF link here with pictures, and wow, it’s stunning:

Cheers!

There aren’t a lot of photos in those build links, that’s because most of the work is in making the adaptor that was posted before,
during making of the original Mag Dragon.

The Dragon head used be available to US about $60 by HK equipments, not any more,
This time, the only way to get it is buy direct from fly dragon shop in China, cost to US about $100 total.

This original link shows how to make the Mag adaptor to Dragpn Aspherical head:

Without a Lathe, it takes days not hours, to grid down mag head into a rather thin adaptor, but to me, its worth it,
the Darth Vader got the name because it looks evil, and it’s got the beam to go with it, unlike any other lights I’ve done.
It’s one of my fav. mod of all time.

Compared to the Fire-foxes FF3 at $270, should I consider the Magic Scorpion at $180 pls?

http://www.cnqualitygoods.com/goods.php?id=1354

Very cool comparo.

Thanks buddy!

@ the Magic fire 50W, its similar output as FF3 but a lot bigger & lower quality.

ma sha - does your ff3 have a mop or smooth reflector?

ive been looking for a smooth reflector for mine as the last group buy was for a mop one… however i dont think its possible to replace the reflector without some work since the wire from the bulb goes through the stock one

All FF3 reflectors are OP.

Changing the reflector isn’t so hard, I have the head open showing the reflector & how the bulb connects to it:
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?338821-Battle-in-the-woods-II-SR51-vs-Firefox-I-vs-Fire-Fox-III

However, no SMO available at this time.

I love the look of the Elephant lights, I have a soft spot for modded mag types. Though they are far more than mags at that.

Makes me wish for a turbo head for my Varapower 2000k :wink:

Ma_sha as usual awesome pictures thanks for posting :smiley:

so that magic fire would be just as bright as the firefox 3? that might be the better purchase then. $100 less for just a slightly larger light. unless the build is terrible, then i may just have to buy one of those magic fires.

hey ma sha, how come your selling your firefox 1 for the same price for a brand new
fire fox 3? is the firefox 1 better or brighter…?

The FF1 is significantly more rare AFAIK, and potentially valuable from a collector standpoint.

Thanks, well put!

The magic fire build quality is pretty bad, there is a MG 40W thread on CPFMP, if quality is not desired, there are other alternative cheaper than MF, one can get 35W HID for about $110 from aliexpress, it’s similar to MF in size and have 3 modes.

FFI build quality is much much better than MF, even better that FF III production

I had very detailed comparo between FFI & FFIII on the links above, I gave the win to FF1, although by a small margin.
The FFIII is much brighter, but there are several other factors I used for the shoot out, I think I used Motor Trend style.