Beamshots of my laser!!

Amen

Agreed! x2

Great shot rikr. I love it. Over here they would lock you up for longer than if you did someone in if you were caught with a laser.

Yes, besides being completely illegal, they are very dangerous. You can blind anything with eyes before you even realize you have done it.

Hope you all take care with them and don't hurt any (human or other species) with them.

That’s what I was getting at on post 11.

Green lasers are more visible to the eye, that’s why there the best.
I have a 100mw green laser I got from laserpointerforums
And I have a 400+mw blue laser custom built into a SolarforceL2m, it’s a monster

I actually hate Wicked Lasers. It took 6 months for me to get my Arctic 3. The first laser got confiscated in San Francisco, so they had to send another package to some Chinese guy in California, then send it to me, well he didn’t put enough postage on it, so they sent it back to him, anyways, after about 50 nasty emails to WL, I finally got it. The only neat thing, I got mine for $99 dollars on sale.

Build your own with this module:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/over-2w-peak-power-445nm-Blue-Laser-module-Diode-G1lens-heatsink-tested-/320980030460?pt=US_Stage_Lighting_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4abbe693fc

Buy a driver and a host, and you got a 2watt laser…

Terms like beam quality and divergence take on an entirely different meaning. And the throooooooooooooowwwwwwwww for days!

Agreed, anything over 100mw will damage your eyes before your blink reflex can kick in.
Buy laser goggles and make sure there for the proper color spectrum of the laser your using. Look where your pointing, that there’s nothing that has a pulse or that reflects light.
125mw and up will pop a black balloon, 300mw and up will pop most any balloon.

And the scary part, if you buy cheep high powered lasers, it may be dolling out 50 mw of the color you picked and a fair bit more in infrared. Infrared though not visible can still cook your eyeballs :frowning: so a 50mw maybe 150mw but doesn’t look like it.
Never ever look into the laser diode if it looks dim or is fluctuating, as it maybe spiking in another spectrum.

Oh man nice! Looks like something a Jedi Master would have.

I seen this last Sat in action. It is wicked to say the least.

More like 5 mW…

Yeah 5mw up close but at a distance like the tower in the picture you’d be hard pushed to damage anything with less than a few watts.

:wink:

Last week I received this green laser:

http://dx.com/p/sd-230-aluminum-5mw-532nm-green-laser-pointer-black-1-x-18650-165185

it draws 260mA at tailcap so I expect the output to be around 200mW (looks like it too), build quality feels good, beam is very tight and costs only 20 dollars. I don't know what is common with lasers but I noticed it is not at all waterproofed.

Fun to play with, but it is not a flashlight of course .

Fixed it for ya. ;)

how many mw green would i need to light the fuse on my cannons from 20’ away? the fuse color is normally green.

ken

Nice!!

If the fuse color is green, it means it reflects green light, and that’s why we see it as green, so a green laser won’t be very effective.

You might be able to get away with a 2W blue laser, but it all depends on the laser’s divergence.

Thanks for the kind words, rikr. :san:

+1 that thing is a work of art in my eyes