Beamshots Part Deux, Updated 2/8/12

Your f23 had low high and strobe what happened to it??

Hot Da*m, you're right. I blame it on a brain fart.

That makes my number of lights with 1 mode exactly zero, unless you count a Maglite I have and a Fulton Angle light. OK, 2 lights that have one mode...

I saw that about the G10 but thought you might try it for a few seconds. The u20 is a good light. Get a Xeno asap. I got the warm version but its too warm for me.

The warmth of the Xeno ( pretty golden color ) and the magnitude of the S mini were very cool to me, but a very impressive little show-amazing what all these little lights can do.

Excellent work.

Decided it was time to do an update with some other AA and 2xAA lights I've gotten in the past few months.

Plus a couple I didn't do last time

Here is the cheap-o BlackCat OSRAM keychain light (AAA)

And my other keychain light, the Olight i2

Compared to the original stainless C3

This is the SkyRay SA1, a nice AA light

Followed by a light I just got today, the Uniquefire UF-V4. Stupid name, but very nice angle light

OK, some more new stuff. BTW, all of these are on regular ALkalines or Eneloops, no fancy Li-on stuff for the small lights.

The Lighthound AA "Tactical" light

Now the Klarus ST10, single AA light on High

The ST10's big brother, the ST20, a 2xAA light, very nice

And now the ShiningBeam Caveman, another nice light with a dumb name

Here is a mouseover to compare the ST20 and the Caveman. The ST20 is the first one, the Caveman is the image you get when you mouseover the photo.

I think they are pretty close, but the Caveman has a more neutral white beam, which I like. However, the ST10 and St20 have Moonlight Low (2 Lumens) that the Caveman does not have. Tough call on these, I really like them both.

This is an interesting mouseover.

The Lighthound AA Tactical (original image) is an XM-L, floody light, about $25. But it can't hold a candle(power) to the singleAA Klarus ST10, which is an XP-G emitter. The ST10 appears way brighter in hotspot, but also way brighter spill as well, but it costs twice as much.

In its defense, the Lighthound is a very warm XM-L, so it will not appear as bright. Realistically, I would save the Lighthound AA for indoor use, with it's soft floody light, and use the ST10 as a nice dog-walking light that will slip easily into your pocket.

OOps!

In defense of the Lighthound AA Tactical, I just remembered that it will run on 14500 batteries, so I threw one in and took a hand-held (fuzzy) photo of it just to be fair.

You can see on 14500's it is pretty dang bright.

Here is a mouseover of the Lighthound on 14500's and the ST10 on a regular AA ST10 is the original image, Lighthound is the mouseover.

So at only $24 for the Lighthound compared to $50 for the ST10, the little Lighthound on 14500 put out lots of lumens. I apologize for the fuzzy image, taken from a bit different spot, but it's late here and I didn't want to set the tripod up again.

That last shot highlights how bright the single-AA Klarus really is.

Very nice.