Becoming an addiction already.....

Holy crap, Southland! I didn’t look much beyond that…because :exploding_head:. Which is appropriate because I will be dead and gone before I could ever amass such a collection. How many of these people have always been single…or are now divorced!? :money_mouth_face: I know this is a budget forum, but still!

I don’t recall. It’s something where you don’t know if someone abused the light…or constantly used it for a long period of time and it finally just wore out?

It just stood out to me, just because the only other issue with a switch I remember reading about was the sloppy feel of one of the Wurkkos…maybe the TD04? Just one of those things you read in passing, and it files away as a potential deal breaker if all other things are equal. Yet, again…hardly a consensus. If enough users of Convoy came out and said that was not their experience (which I’m guessing is most or they would not keep buying them!), I would certainly not discount Convoy accordingly.

Plus, my guess is that Simon would make things right.

1 Thank

over 600 meters throw from that small of a light. Insane.

Simon is awesome and will definitely make things right!

I’ve probably had 40-50 Convoy lights pass through my hands in the past several years and I’ve only had trouble with a couple of them.
Simon always made it right.

2 Thanks

Does the TS11 use the same TIR Optic as the IF22A?
I gotta admit it looks great in Orange!

Anduril is a huge plus too!

Edit: According to this review it uses the same optic. I’ll be keeping my eye on this one.

I’ve had more convoy lights than I care to admit and out of them I’ve only had one problem. The light was out of warranty and Simon sent me a new driver for free with my next order. I contacted him wanting to order it and wasn’t trying to get a freebie. He is a standup guy and made a lifetime customer out of me.

Every few months I stray away and try something new but always come crawling back to a s2+ for my EDC.

2 Thanks

A few years ago there was a picture of a truly vast collection, all laid out on the owners bed.

And yes, it was a single bed :joy:

4 Thanks

[quote=“RichH, post:27, topic:222148, full:true, username:RichH”]
A few years ago there was a picture of a truly vast collection, all laid out on the owners bed.

And yes, it was a single bed :joy:
[/quote] :laughing:

So…they were all Vastfire? :grin:

Just ordered my third from Hank this evening. :blush:

1 Thank

My first of two IF22A showed up today so I figured I’d share some pics:

The trees in the back are about 300ft away:

Convoy Z1/SFT40/8A Buck Driver on the Left and IF22A on the Right:

2 Thanks

I do like the look of the IF22A in silver.

1 Thank

It’s on SuperDeals right now, and comes with a 5000mAh 21700:

3 Thanks

What store is that and would they have IF19 as well? Thanks!

Yes, they often have deals on the IF19 as well.
They currently have the IF19 for $27.27 but I’ve seen it much lower in the past.

There’s multiple stores that offer deals on these lights so just keep checking SuperDeals on AliExpress.

1 Thank

Welcome to BLF ccdEDC!

Have you considered a Convoy C8 with a CREE XHP70.3 HI LED? It has similar dimensions as the SF26 and TD01C, but uses an 18650 battery.

I recently built one with a 5700K R9050 LED and it’s very nice. Lots of throw, lots of lumens, has very nice tint, and I like that it has some spill and not just a pencil thin beam.

Thank you. I did consider a few different Convoy models, but not this one with the 18650.

I ended going with the IF22A. Absolutely love it! It’s not as long a throw as the SF26 or the TD01…but less money and still formidable distance.

But what I LOVE the most about it is… no ring(s). The diffused spread is SO much easier on the eyes…and provides that extra little spill for seeing around you up close.

Plus I chose the green color and enjoy that difference from the typical black.

No problems with any of the Sofirn beyond getting accustomed to their respective UI. Could not be happier with all 3 selections.

2 Thanks

Hi ccdEDC,
You may have already found the budget thrower you were looking for…but if not, with an IF22a you will not be disappointed, your wallet will non suffer much, and the beam is really really nice

Sorry for the awful beamshot quality…however the tree is exactly 200m away

2 Thanks