Bench Test Results: Vapcell F60 - 12.5A 6000mAh 21700

At 5A their “E-Scores” (in the performance and ratings table)down are essentially identical with the 50S a touch better but not noticeable in use in my opinion. At 10A the 50S would run noticeably longer but not by a huge amount.

E-Scores are the Wh delivered down to 3.2V and take voltage into account. For regulated devices it will directly tell you which will run for longer. If you are only looking at capacity delivered, and don’t care if one cell is at a lower voltage than another while running, then comparing the graphs is better.

My “longer run time” comment for the 50S was based on the Wh delivered but should hold for about any use above perhaps 7A or so. Down near 5A they’re probably about the same but let the graphs guide you.

At under 5A, down near 2A-3A the higher capacity of the F60 can finally be used and it will run for longer. Not by huge amounts but perhaps noticeably longer for the 50S ant over 7A or so and longer for the F60 at under 2A-3A.

For these two cells at the current levels you’re considering we’re starting to split hairs.

If you’re on Turbo most of the time then the 50S would be my choice. The run time difference when you’re not on Turbo just wouldn’t be that big.

As the cell manufacturers would say…to know for sure in your application you would need to test both and see which worked best. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks. After mulling it over I just went with some P45B’s. They are the same price as the f60s and it made more sense to have a battery can be used in a range of devices/lights and they run much cooler too from what I saw in your tests.

3 Thanks

Do we think the F60 is the [

LR21700SS

](LR21700SS 6ah 21700 lithium ion battery cell)

That’s one of the guesses but we don’t know. I would need an SS cell here to compare the F60 against to know for sure.

I am seeing very similar results on my LG M58T - sadly my setup maxes out at 4A. But if you cut your 5A measurement off at slightly above 3.2V (where I stop discharging), the curve and mAh are very similar… Think this might be the same cell? Wish I could run higher currents.

2 Thanks

It’s always possible but all of the ultra-high capacity 21700’s are going to operate about the same at lower power levels.

You could carefully unwrap one of your cells and compare their appearances (top contact and vent disk, surface finishes, tooling marks, bending radii, etc.). This can be a great way to sort out similarly performing cells.

2 Thanks