Best 18650 for Capacity & Least Voltage Sag-Nov-10th-2015

I'm in the market for a couple 18650's that have large capacity (3,000mAh+) with least amount of voltage sag (i.e. run high vF emitters at higher brightness for longer). Oh, and I want protected cells (named brand too, but that's a given). Price doesn't have to be cheap, but reasonable (i.e. I'm not paying $5 more just to gain 50mAh more capacity). I've been out of the battery market for some time now and did some quick looking around. It appears the LG 18650MJ1 is the cell I should be getting; is this right? I tried using HKJ's 18650 Comparator, but I don't see the LG MJ1 tested (see the MH1 though) nor do I see the Sanyo/Panasonic "GA".

I'll be running an XM-L2 light & perhaps XP-L HI light driven at around 2.8A, so figure best performance at 3A.

Thanks!
-Garry

I found this test. Seems the MJ1 is the best for me, unless there is a cell I'm missing to look at.

-Garry

Have you been going to self help seminars or something? :slight_smile:

How'd you know? :)

-Garry

The problem with this comparisons is always that you only can compare the tests from one tester…and every tester hasn’t tested every battery…

The Samsung 30q has high capacity low internal resistance and is able to deliver a lot of current for the direct drive lights so a lot here have bought a lot during the last deals on gearbest where they sold them for 3-4$. But as HKJ hasn’t tested the 30q MJ1 we can’t compare them…
Lightwolf has made also a 30q Test Test/Review of Samsung SDI INR18650-30Q (3000mAh, 15A)
—-

For lower amps(<4A) like you need the best option is the LG D1 charged to 4.35V. This is one of my favorite cells.

Here is HKJ’s test of a protected 18650GA:

http://lygte-info.dk/review/batteries2012/Evva%2018650%203500mAh%20(Black)%20UK.html

Ah, thanks! It's listed under "Evva" which is why I missed it.

-Garry