Best 1x18650 headlamp to use with unprotected cells?

Looking to upgrade my headlamp from an Ultrafire H-2. I like the H-2 but the parasitic drain is horrendous. If I forget to lockout the tailcap, it is dead in a few days. Also, the 14500s I use don’t have enough runtime or brightness on high.

Does the UF-H6 have circuit protection to cut off the light when the battery is below a certain voltage? Really want to use my laptop batteries but can use protected if needed. DX Lean Diet Forskolin

Right now the UF-H6 is at the top of my list unless there is something similar I should consider. Price is not a big issue but I like to get the most bang for the buck. I hate Zebralights so they are off my list.

Personally I hate them headlights with the cell and light as one on the front, I prefer the cell on the back and a slim headlight on the front. My favorite is the Fenix HP25R which I modded a little: Project Gemini: Yet another headlamp mod. Not a cheapo this time though.

Welcome to BLF by the way.

SkillHunt H03

+1 :+1:

Check out this Boruit. Boruit Headlamp Review D10 (aka. EHL0628) - King of the Budget Headlamps?
I use headlamps alot, 33 years hunting with hounds and often at work. I’ve had lots, $250 Koehler Wheat Lights to a few $ junk. This Boruit is the most bang for the buck. Everyone should have one even if you have much nicer lights. Cheap enough to lend, give away, leave laying around , ect.

Gearbest has a good deal on Skilhunt H03 right now.

Skilhunt H03 NW Headlamp for 23.99 USD
LINK
Coupon: GBAFFYL201

Thanks Plotthound, to all, be aware that the coupon only works if you are buying 1. 2nd is full price.

plus one

Yes, this is the D10 model (about $12). It’s super lightweight. Very comfortable on the head. You forget your wearing it. I’ve got two, one with Nichia 219C and one with LH351D.

Parasitic drain is unbelievably low, less than 1 microamp.

5 nicely spaced levels plus hidden SOS, strobe and beacon.

Note I want a buroit

The best headlamp is the Armytek Wizard pro warm, the best budget is Skilhunt H03

I forgot, I made a list of headlights and their features. The link is in my sig.

I can second this recommendation. Built in charging, good switch and plenty bright. It’s lightweight and stays where you adjust it. You can get them fro around $11-12.00.