Best 1x18650 light for my need

Ok, nice! So i can fit it in a C8 holster!

How do you mean by fake? That they dont hold 4000mAh?

Talking about these:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-PCS-UltraFire-18650-3-7V-Rechargeable-Battery-4000mAh-/250781091371?pt=US_Batteries&hash=item3a63b7c62b

Tnx Ian2381

I live in sweden you know, so we dont use 3,7V batteries here so im all ears for what brand i should search for that has a nice mAh output also..

We just have the crappy 1.2V AA & AAA

3,7V batt's are abit harder to find here and they cost about 15$ each if i would find even any..

I'm not that expert in li-ion batteries and use only protected batteries to be safe. I suggest you search in the forum or read this thread as there are several good suggestions regarding batteries posted by members. I have protected AW 2200, solarforce 2400, ultrafire gray 2400 and on the mail is XTAR 18700 2600mah.

Looks like Manafont have a new light in the mix.

SKY RAY - CREE XLamp XM-L LED 1000 Lumen 2-Modes Alluminum & Stainless Steel Flashlight (1*18650/2*CR123A)

A bit expensive but definitely a thrower.

Give us an update when you receve your XTAR 2600mAh 18700, if they fit well and if there's any difference in the light output

Are there any other good brands of 18700's, anyone?

A quick note. My Keygos doesn't have a spring on the driver.

If you want some good batteries at a good price from what I have seen so far, these will give Trustfire flame batteries all they want and then some. I have some of the Trustfire flames as well. I think these are just as good if not better.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/360290113090?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

Ok!

The Keygos-Kit i ordered included 2x Ultrafire 18650 2400mAh batteries, the blue one's and not the gray as you linked to..

Is there a difference between them?

There are 2 terms that we dont use here in Sweden and never heard before when talking about batteries, its "protected" and "memory" what iv'e seen in different descriptions..

Dont know if the blue Ultrafire's are protected or not

Need to find out what they meen, or what the differens & consequenses can be if i use non-protected with no-memory..

'Protected' means it has the circuitry to keep the battery from over-discharging and 'memory' refers to the flashlight, not the battery. The memory is contained in the driver and remembers the mode you were last on.

They're fake because 1) they don't hold 4000mah, and 2) they're not Ultrafires.

Try to search for Xtar 18700/18650 2600mah deals on this forum and see if they're still available. Those are good, they have top tier sanyo cells inside (xtar adds the protection circuit).

I see!

The only difference i've seen in UltraFire batteries are that some have the UltraFire logo at the bottom and some doesnt..

How do i see the difference with genuine and counterfake's?

UltraFire C8 CREE XML T6 Warm White 5-Mode LED Flashlight(1*18650)

Just saw this light in KD, Anyone think this will be a good fog penetrating light?

From my experience, the brighter the light, the less you penetrate. But that would be some really cool light-saber action! My X9 against yours Ian. :)

That's definitely cool. hmmm. Maybe I should upgrade mine to beat yours.lol.

You need a warm tint light to penetrate fog. All the WC tints are terrible at such a task.

So do you think the Warm white C8 will do the job?

It'll do MUCH better, at least relatively speaking. Try it out and let use know the tint. If it's really warm (quite possible), it's better for fog. If more neutral, it'll be the light that everyone here's looking for. So win-win. :bigsmile:

Hehe. I just spent to much on lights this past weeks, will have to sell some to compensate.

I've been testing the throw of my X9 modded with 2.8A driver and so far was really impressed. Is there a light out there that can beat this on an XML and 1x18650 configuration?

Also waiting some lights to arrive, ultrafire C8, Keygos KE2 and another KE5, will upgrade one of these with a 2.8 driver.

Are you having any issues with the X9 since the mod, due to the 2.8A driver being deeper (bottom components and spring)? Does the tailcap screw on fully with protected batteries inside?

I actually read the issues even before I mod the X9 so I already modded the Switch triming the components to allow additional length of the battery. The battery wont fit when modded with the 2.8 driver and the switch on stock form. Tested my 18700 battery with spacer to mimic the additional length of the driver before i modded it.

It looks ugly but it works. lol