Best adaptor to charge C and D in an AA charger needed

Thank you netjrb. That has to have been where I saw one. Somewhere I believe I have seen a white one. And that may have been the one with comments. But I could be wrong.

I have no idea where I read the comment about bad contacts. I have been thru hundreds of threads and posts on batteries, chargers, etc. in the past couple of weeks.

I just ordered a pair. For $10, if they work great. If not, I will not drink 2 beers to cover it. Unfortunately, I will probably then have to drink 3 beers to console myself for not having a solution yet.

dchomac - precisely what I was talking about just wired to some battery holders for the C and D. Nice work. I just prefer a compact solution if I can do it. Space to use for charging for long periods is scarce.

I have been unable to get search on this site so I have been reduced to reading every thread to find a mention or ask for help. I have been working with the sysadmin on the problem. It appears that if I use IE instead of FF it works.

For those objecting to my restatement - may you be doomed to read government purchase requests.

If you want more info on the adapters from posts #6 & #15, I’d check reviews of the BT-C2000. I think that NiMH charger included them.

On the search thing: it works in Chrome too ;-).

Maybe what you were remembering was HKJ’s review of the BT-C2000 where he mentions that internal resistance will be measured incorrectly with the adapters.

Sorry wight - I did not see your second link in your post. My eye broke about 1.5 weeks ago and I am having a real problem seeing detail. And it will be another couple of weeks before I can get laser time to try to fix it. I appreciate you help.

I remember that article, but that was not it.

Sweet, thanks for posting this.

No problem. I know it’s a little passive aggressive to point it out the way I did - sorry! I should have just pointed it out in plain English and added the :wink: emoticon.

Sorry to hear about your eye too. I fear the day when something like that happens to me. Good luck w/ the laser!

I hope the adapters work well for their intended purpose. I know what you mean about charging space. A handful of dedicated chargers and their little power bricks ends up taking up a lot of real estate, and then there’s all the dust and hair and stuff that collects around the little cords… I’ve fantasized about mounting all my charging gear to a panel so that it can stand up vertically.

That is in your security settings somewhere.

These are the adapters that I use for the Maha C9000, and they look like they will barely work in my BT-C3100 v2, which takes C batteries without them.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/321206053017?\_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Meaning they barely fit but it feels good / snug / secure?

I haven’t tested them yet in the BC-3100, but just trying to fit them in, they have nothing that holds the contact firm, so when I try to charge I will really have to seek the best contact and then make sure not to bump it at all and check it frequently.

They seem adequate for the Maha C9000.

:frowning: That makes sense. The BT-C2000 (which I assume these were designed for) doesn’t have sliders, it has fixed length slots which would be snug on the adapters. Same thing with the Maha C9000.

That basically means it was a good idea to buy the ones linked. I did not realize the Opus would do C cells by itself. I am sure I must have either seen that information or could have derived it by checking measurements.

Since I have the charger the adapters fit; I am good. I could do 4 at a time. I probably won't do that. I think I would like to do all of the cells in the same charger. Maybe I will play around a bit and see how they compare.

wight: and before that you get cataracts. The laser is fixing a problem generated by the cataract removal. Getting old can rather suck. Getting older; never mind.

I got the referenced adapters. Will not make contact on the MH C9000 charger.

Annoying. I will see if I can find some thin copper and solder it on the contacts of the adapters. Not destroying the adapter could be a challenge.

Where does the problem present itself?

• AA-shaped parts too big in diameter?
  • AA-shaped parts not long enough?
  • C/D tray is too large and will not allow AA shaped part to sit low enough?
    or something else?

Just curiosity don’t you know!

Shes a no work.

I am not messing with it right now. Other irons in the fire.

It appears that the AA part of the adapter does not make contact with the charger. My current gut feeling is that the - connection is not contacting the charger. I think the springy piece from the charger is rather low and missing the adapter metal. I refuse to be held responsible for this conclusion until I have really worked the issue.

I was wrong about where I got the adapters. I though I had bought them from the ebay guy in the link above. For whatever reason, I bought them from banggood. Maybe I would have had better results from ebay.

I wouldn’t sweat it alternety. It’s probably all the same source no matter what brand name is put on it or where it’s purchased. I kind of doubt that these have been cloned, but then again who knows.

Hopefully a quick tweak will put you in business when you have time. Maybe a little plastic shaving or a solder blob could rectify the situation.

Actually, I found a sheet of phosphor bronze. I will make electrodes and solder them on. If the contacts will take soldering.

I thought of you when I saw this thread from dchomak:
EDIT: D Cell carrier for the OPUS BT-C3100 - FINISHED, pics in OP

Nice solution. Thanks for pointing me to it. I still have not done anything with my phosphor bronze sheet. I don't use the radio needing 4 batteries often or long enough that I can't just charge them 2 at a time. Other irons have keep me busy inserting them into the fire.

How about 2 leads and 4 neo magnets? That’s what I used for my D cells before I got a charger that accommodates C and D cells. Adapter smapter…lol. Good luck.