Best bang for $40

It's only a problem when you can't afford the next fix.

Except that it seems that about 1 in 3 members who have that light report that it has died.

I have only heard of one going bad but he ordered another one......

I was looking at the TrustFire TR-3T6 you guys have mentioned, and noticed that there's a TrustFire TR-1200 that has 5 XR-E Q5-WCs leds. The specs say that the TR-1200 is only good for 1200 lumens, and the TR-3T6 is up to 3600 lumens. Are the XM-L leds really that much better that each one is as good as 5 XR-E Q5-WCs?

I have the TR-3T6 and it's no where near 3800L my DRY blows it away. Alot of guys have the TR-1200 and it's a good thrower.

For the price, I would definitely say Trustfire TR-3T6 for overall brightness (lumens), but if you want throw get something else.

My first single XM-L light is already dead (purchased Feb 2011)--It was overdriven. I think others may eventually experience the same fate with their super bright single die lights.

I’m very impressed with the internals of the TR-3T6. It’s well regulated and has good heat dissipation. However I don’t like the long battery tube and lower quality anodizing. I’m certain other triples, like the Dry, are brighter but I have no fear of the TR-3T6 overheating. For the price I don’t think the TR-3T6 can be beat.

P.s. be certain to read-up here about multi cell light safety

A properly driven xm-l is 3 to 4 times brighter than a q5. Even though the xm-l in the 3t6 are not driven hard the light is still twice as bright as the tr-1200 but is floodier. The tr-3t6 is a rock solid light with great heatsinking and outstanding reliability.

+1

Forget about specs, they're one big lie. And yes, XM-L is much more efficient than XR-E (but not 3 times more). Either way TR-3T6 is about 50% brigther than TR-1200. Thing is - 5xXR-E easily outthrows 3xXM-L and it's not a secret that better focused light looks brighter than it really is. If you don't care about (floody) beam profile 3xXM-L light will give you the most lumens for the money.