Best bang for the buck 2x 18650 lights today?

Trustfire TR-3T6 (3x XML with extension for 3x18650): http://www.lights-box.com/trustfire-tr-3t6-cree-xm-l-3800-lumen-5-mode-led-flashlight-2-18650-3-18650-including-the-tube.html

Welcome Aeonis -

You began your flashlight adventure with an Olight Warrior - a pretty classy start, my friend. The Warrior is one seriously nice flashlight.

havefunFoy

Welkom Aeonis op dit forum... zo te zien hebben nu meer en meer Nederlanders de weg naar dit forum gevonden.. Heb er de laatste paar weken al een paar nieuwe binnen zien komen..

veel leesplezier!

groetjes uit Tokyo.

Tr 1600 6 Q5. Amazing output. Kd would sell heaps of these if they would fix the title.

TrustFire TR-1600 CREE Q5 5-Mode LED Flashlight (2*18650) SKU: S010021

pic shows 6 leds but description doesn't.

http://kaidomain.com/ProductDetails.aspx?ProductId=11285

TF X9 only single cell but is better than triple xml imo

I definitely recommend the Shadow TC6.

First of all a original design that is not shared and branded under different names.

Mine came with a AR coated lens. Built quality is fantastic, I have flashlights that I've paid more than for the Shadow with less output and quality. The knurling is great, anodizing is superb, a beautiful grey that looks expensive. It's got strong square threads and double o-rings on both battery tube ends. The threads are anodized so the aluminum isn't going to grind with use. For better current conductivity it's also got some brass rings on each battery tube end. The flashlight doesn't get hot only after 25 minutes of continuous use on high. There's a lot of aluminum to transfer the heat.

Output is great and regulated with 800 lumens on max. It throws very well with a very nice wide spill, though this is not a dedicated thrower. But still I'd recommend this flashlight for distance illumination not for 10 meters distances. Modes are nicely spaced: 800 lumens 400 lumens and 40 lumens. For $2.99 more you can have it NW, T6 3C. So this NW has the same efficiency as the CW. (NW-Neutral White, CW-Cool White).

I haven't actually tested yet, but the runtime on high should be about 2 hours with good batteries, and it most probably is. There's a low voltage battery warning feature on this flashlight, but I haven't let the batteries near depletion yet so I didn't see a warning so far.

Speaking of which you can buy here, http://www.intl-outdoor.com/panasonic-ncr18650a-3100mah-liion-battery-p-213.html

And they are free shipped if you would buy the Shadow TC6 from the same store, or if you buy just 3 batteries alone.

If you are into collection flashlights, I definitely recommend this one. Great price, great quality.

i have to say i love my Trustfire TR-1200 and my Trustfire TR-3T6 and the Trustfire Flame batteries are not bad either.

but to me you left out a realy nice good quality torch thats awsome the Jetbeam BC40

The tc6 i’ve got is NW 4C tint though but that’s an earlier batch. I prefer the 4 and 5 series tints than 3. I also got a foc smo reflector, measured a 16% diff in lux.

Thanks for all the replies so far :)

I've updated the list by adding the TR-1600, Jetbeam BC40 and another light i've found -> XinTD L2, looks promising and it's available in 3mode. Anyone owns this light?

thanks i think the Jetbeam BC40 is worth a mention as its one of my top three 2 x 18650 lights with the TR-1200 (3 x 18650) but you can run 2 x 18650 as most know by now and the TR-3T6 (3 x 18650) but you can run 2 x 18650 as most know by now.

they are the 3 i would recomend

Thanks Benckie! The Jetbeam BC40 seems like a high quality light, the only downsides I think are the price and the looks (not very sexy imho ;))

Also added the TK-35 clone to the list by the way, hopefully there will be some reviews in the other topic soon

i was going to suggest the TR-3T6 the original from manafont but thats not cheap either i guess, i like the TK-35

I have the OP's linked TR-1200 and love it, but it has lost some of it's appeal since I bought an Ultrafire C8 from Manafont. Similar performance at half the size. Although only a single 18650, it has similar throw and is small enough to carry in a pocket.

Is that really a STL-V2 for $41??? That's the top of my Want-to-buy flashlight list but I should NOT be buying a new flashlight now. We have much more important stuff we need to be buying right now (a new vehicle?). We also have Christmas shopping expenses coming up too soon... Cry

Aeonis, you can get the DRY from Intl Outdoor too.

Yes it is, but not really much cheaper than FF STL-V6 from DX ($41.19 vs. $45.40)

I still think it's good deal anyway.

Well I think every flashlight junkie ought to have a Trustfire TR-1200 5X Q5 light and a a Keygos KE-7 6X Q5. I have both and I strongly recommend them. Both are good throwers and have good spill as well. The Keygos KE-5 off of ebay is another must have. It still is my favorite light for only $25. Good throw and very good spill. And it's one bright sob.

Thanks, I've updated the list.

Thanks, I've added the Keygos KE-7 to the list. (Not the KE-5, since its 1x 18650).

If you had to choose between the Trustfire TR-1200 or the Keygos KE-7, which one would it be?

+1 on this Olight M31(?) clone

Well I think the Keygos will put out more flood and maybe brighter light up close. I think the Trustfire TR-1200 will maybe throw farther since the beam seems a little tighter.

Thanks :) and in terms of buildquality? Roughly the same I guess?