Best Budget 1x18650 XM-L2 EDC reccomendations needed

I’m looking at getting an XM-L2 EDC light for around 20-30 bux. I would like 800 lumens and atleast a Hi Med Low and Strobe modes. I was going to get the 502B but heard about it getting too hot on Hi with the XM-L2 emitters. Also need something waterproof for blizzards, hurricanes, or acciedents.

http://intl-outdoor.com/xintd-c8-v4-xml2-u2t6-18650-flashlight-p-308.html?zenid=2d77f69d25bb28d22fb7c2c1f1b6cbd7
don’t have one yet? you do now XD

+1.
You will thank Koyotee.

Roche F12

Roche F6

Convoy L4

Both Roche flashlights mentioned above are even smaller than 502B, they’d heat up even quicker. +1 on Convoy L4, great flashlight, absolutely worth every penny. And if you’re going to use it outside, during bad weather conditions, you may think about neutral emitter.

Hello!
I have the same question, and didn’t wnt to start another thread.
I am now seeking for a “budget” edc, or work lamp. Two of the best imho the cnq D1(ios t10) host custom built, and the convoy L4.
What i like in the t10:
-beautiful grey ano
-nice tacticool look
-truly waterproof

And in the L4:
-bigger reflector
-available spare parts(ar lens, reflector)
-side switch

although the side switch is not waterproof

Please help me decide

You might want to look at this TangsFire.

Convoy S-anything.

For an EDC light? I really like the Convoy S2, S3, and S6. Lots of lumens in a small and durable package.

Depending on what form you like, consider also the convoy c8 and M1.
Not sure if they sell with xml2, but you can always buy the host and order your desired emitter and driver to complete a great, fairly budget light.
Good luck with the decision, so many lights…… :open_mouth:

I really like smaller convoy tube like lights for carry, however they do heat up on high modes quite quickly if you need that much output frequently.

P60’s seem slightly better and are very useable too, however they are kind of “big” for EDC carry if you don’t holster it or something like that.

C8’s are great, however I don’t use mine much since it’s hard to pocket. Great flood/throw combo however it’s pretty big. Overall I like my V3 XinTD, I’m sure the V4’s are a little better.

Also most of these lights will be somewhat “waterproof” however they are mainly splash proof. Most non diving lights will not hold up to operation under water or submersion for deeper depths of (3ft and below) for extended periods of time.

Nothing is really “Waterproof”, just water resistant for a set period of standards. That said I frequently wash off my lights and have no problems; well most of them, I have a couple I don’t trust (Chinese generic lights).

Convoy M1

my first “build” was an s2 . it has replaced a 4 yr old fenix pd30 q5. love it. DIY or get it built by mountain electronics. under $20. and you can choose modes. I chose 3 but you can have strobe and sos too or different percentages. my pd30
did pass the laundry test when it went though a wash cycle unharmed lol.

this is what I did—- you won’t be disappointed: