Best Budget AA Stainless Steel?

I'd recommend the CQG S2 from cnqualitygoods.com. I own the CQG S1 which is a AAA version of the same light (just smaller). They are actually hand made one at a time by a very talented gentleman in China. The machining is extremely impressive and it's nearly impossible to see the seam where the tail cap and body meet unless you already know exactly where it is. Nowhere else will you find a handmade light of this caliber for the insanely low price of $17.50

Yep... the S1 is very nice, do you own the S2 and have no switch problems JohnnyMac?

Wish I could say yes, but I can’t. I’ve been waiting patiently for the promised group buy on the engraved BLF Edition of the S2 that Ric said he would do but so far it hasn’t materialized. I want the BLF Edition S2 to match my BLF Edition S1. If Ric said the switch issue has been corrected then I would accept his word on it. If for some reason there was a problem with it still I know he would make good on it so I wouldn’t worry too much either way. I admit I’m getting tired of waiting for the S2 BLF version and am considering ordering but I know as soon as I do he will offer the BLF version. LOL!

Manafont has an 'updated' version of the C3, kinda cool

http://www.manafont.com/product_info.php/trustfire-f25-stainless-steel-5mode-memory-flashlight-14500aa-p-8636

Don't overlook the Aurora SH-035, I think the quality is better than the C3, it's quite an amazing light for $13

http://www.dealextreme.com/p/aurora-sh-035-cree-xpe-wd-q5-5-mode-220-lumen-memory-led-flashlight-1-aa-1-14500-36024

Hi Vectrex, I got 2 S2's recently (like a month ago). Here's what I had to say about it:

So yours are the supposed "fixed clickies" and you still had to do the WD40 orgy? Hmm, not sure if I will take the risk.

It has worked fine since the oil massage And the clickie on the other one was fine. My main beef was with the mode change. Otherwise I like the lights. Oh, and my vote for best AA SS so far is the group by DQG AA that I just got. Then again that might just be the new light high still talking.

I have the DQG tiny II, but I decided that I don't like twisties on anything larger than a AAA light. A DQG AA clicky light would be nice though.

I just ordered a CQG S2 NW. I long thought on DQG but TIR lens and possibly narrower beam held me a bit. I wish I hadn’t missed the group buy. That would be a price to try then.
Still, I plan to get another AAA light. Should I choose Eoslamp’s two mode AAA light or should it be DQG II this time ?

Avoid!

Turns blue then dies with a 14500. Gets hot enough to melt solder. Like most Auroras (Except the Sh-032/033/034) it is crap.

Oddly enough the SH-034 is the best-made light (at any price) I own. But avoid the SH-035. It is junk.

That's a Trustfire F25. Se my review around here somewhere.

Mine won't change modes on a 14500 - only on a NiMH.

Buy a Trustfire F22.

OK it is enormous. One of two lights that I've lost that I bothered to replace. The Trustfire F22 is a seriously excellent light.

The Manafont only C3 SS that Mr. Admin reviewed here is a possible alternative but the F22 won't set fire to your hands on a 14500. Most other SS AA lights will. And I've bought most of them.

Nearly all of my AA lights get fed on an exclusive diet of 14500s.

YMMV if you use NiMH only. See Vectrex then as he doesn't do lithium.

well known. good stuff. :beer:

( but anyone here could claim being UpstandingCitizen. of course we believe you. you're not as suspicious as myself. hehe. *ggg* )

Actually the beam of the DQG Tiny II NW is the best thing about this light, let's me have a whole new appreciation for TIRs... If the beam pattern and tint is anything on AA like it is on AAA... it might be a bigger reason to buy it than its size... if it only had a clicky.

there are rumors (PM by Ric) that a new batch of "DQG SS AAA III" will be unleashed very soon. i dont know if "III" actually means that there are improvements over the "II" release or if it's just a 3rd batch of the DQG Tiny AAA. but's it's going to be in SS.

The DQG Ti AAA III is still in line and will follow later. The problem with the vials hasnt been solved yet.

Because the material is stainless steel the Preon P0 weighs 24grams (with 1x AAA, on a kitchen scale), and the DQG Tiny II 25.1grams (with 1x Eneloop).

In comparison, *my* Tank E09 weighs (12.796g + 11.727g =) 24.523grams .. in other words neither the P0 nor the Tiny II are lighter than my aluminum E09. The iTP A3 aluminum is even lighter than 12.796g:

( 11.6g - 1.317g =) 10.283grams

That's a difference of 2.513grams!!! :X

Man, i wish the Titanium was released already ;)

Just buy an F22.

You won't regret it.

Or a 93mm C3.

It will be interesting to see how the II can be improved. To me it is ahead to all its competitors.

Well, I went ahead and ordered a CQG S2 earlier today. It won out over the Ultrafire C3 due to the C3's visible PWM, and I also like CQG S2's optional neutral tint.

Thanks for all of the input, fellas!

Don't forget about ITP A2 SS, good light.

I'll wait for the next DQG then, or could I cancel an order on CQG? Which tint is better on DQG overall? Is it just 4b and 4c difference?