best charger for 4 x 18650 cells

Lii-500 is a very good entry level charger/analyzer.

If you want absolute accuracy and perfect charging algorithms, go with SkyRC MC3000.

I replaced all of my chargers (maha c900, 2x SP1, SP2, Opus 2.2) with a single MC3000, the only normal charger left is the Xtar VP2, because nothing beats the good ol VP2.

Is MC3000 much better than Lii 500?

I checked the price and it costs 89 usd, this is a lot more expensive.

Thank you

MC3000 is the best. No other device can cope with it, unless you go for a RC hobby charger (which is basically the same but without the confort of 4 independent charge bays). :wink:

Thank you

But I will buy Lii 500 because it is 4 times cheaper than MC3000.
Too big difference.

Kind regards

I’m waiting for a good coupon too. I think I’ve seen better prices on this.

True…. :+1:
If one can figure out how to use it. :open_mouth: :weary: … I’m still working on that part……… :person_facepalming:
:slight_smile:

:+1:

Have you contacted M4D M4X ??
I think he has pretty decent Coupon for the Lii-500. :+1:

Yes, $22. Have you ever seen it cheaper?

Not sure if I have or not. I paid more for mine than that when I got it. If you want one that seems like a fair price, go for. :+1:
If you need one, no use waiting around for what might be months; just to get it a dollar or two cheaper…. maybe, if your lucky. :wink:

Good point. How do you like it?

I like mine just fine. It is simple to use and to me is a good value for the cost. For the price you can’t go wrong IMO. :+1:

I have had mine about 8 months and it has been used for a massive amount of hours, no problems so far. :wink:

I bought my Lii500 in September without a power supply for $15. I think it’s a great all around charger.

What do you use for a power supply Glenn?
Does it have to have the same specs as the one that comes with it or can there be some leeway in that??

I guess what I am “trying” to ask is can one be used with more output and/or what are the limits and what should the specs be??

Any help would be appreciated as I am in pretty much unknown/not understood territory. :person_facepalming: … :smiley::wink:

Thank you in advance……… :+1:

Hmm. This or the Xtar VC4 from Amazon for $25 ?

I think I posted this before. I made my own 12 volt 5 amp power supply that does up to 4 chargers at the same time.

Edit: As long as the output voltage is 12 volts, you can use a power supply that has a much higher current rating. The chargers will only draw what they need.

What batteries are you wanting to use the charger for? LiIon, NiMh, both?
Do you want the ability to analyze batteries?

Here is a Liitokala 500 from Aliexpress. at $19.23. Slightly more cheaper if you use the Mobile App. Wall Charger and car charger included. I got myself one from there, not yet shipped though. So I cant say anything about the authenticity of the product right now.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Liitokala-Lii-500-LCD-18650-Battery-Charger-For-3-7V-18650-18350-16340-17500-25500-10440/32784219789.html?spm=2114.13010608.0.0.SARvEq

Cheers

Both and be able to at least see voltage and capacity. Resistance doesn’t matter much to me.

Get the Lii_500 then and call it a day… :+1:

i paid like 18 or 18.95 for mine from tomtop on one of their sales …for the charger and power supply .

Finding a 12V 2 amp power supply isn’t the easiest / or hardest thing in the world .
It kind of depends how crafty you are
The plug isn’t that hard to find either . i’ve seen tougher ends to find too i think it’s a 5MM with a larger barrel center pos…Don’t hold me to it but it’s not a weird one or overly difficult one to find .
14 seconds of digging thru my pile of junky wallwarts yielded a 5 amp laptop power supply 12v center pos. with the correct end and a 2.5amp/ 12v wallwart with the correct polarity and end so it’s not that hard of a one to find

http://www.ebay.com/itm/AC-DC-12V-2A-110-240V-POWER-SUPPLY-ADAPTER-CHARGER-FOR-LED-Strip-US-EU-PLUG-HU-/232217681238?var=&hash=item3611409d56:m:mBeLzKv8Ild1ViZlUgQBkmQ

nice price but buy at your own risk i have no idea if this one has the same / correct end on it …

I think you have posted pictures of your power supply before Glenn. I think I remember commenting how nice it looked. :+1:
I guess my questions are:

• Will your set up supply all four chargers running at full power at the same time?
    ~
  • If I used a 12V 5A power supply with a single Lii-500, is what the charger draws from the power supply limited by the charger?
  • The Lii-500 comes with a 12V 2A power supply so it will not charger 4 cells at 1A at the same time will it??
  • But if I used a 12V 5A power supply with a Lii-500 could I charge 4 cell at 1A at the same time???

These are probably dumb questions, but it is what it is. :person_facepalming:
I’m not the sharpest pencil in the box when it comes to this. :wink: