Best Control Ring 14500/AA Light?

Hey guys. I am in love with control rings. In medium and wanna go to low? No problem, In medium and wanna go to high? No prob! No having to cycle through modes. I guess I am a control freak but I like being able to go into whatever mode I want when I want.

That being said I am looking for a 14500 light that is BRIGHT. I was thinking about making this in the 18650 forum but I like the pocketable-ness of the AA size. I am not an insane flashaholic and my friends would laugh at me if I wore a flashlight holster (just they wait until the zombie apocalypse, then they won’t laugh when I have my L3 Illumination K40 hanging off my hip!)

Anyways I have an Explorer E82 but it is pathetic in terms of light output, it has 100LM right on the body and that is probably right. I have a THIS ONE and it has quite a respectable amount of light. If I could get that amount of light (I know its probably not actually 350 lumens) in a control ringed AA sized light that would be perfect!

Basically a Jetbeam RRT-0 XML on a budget :slight_smile:

Does it exist? My research says no… if not than is there a “budget” RRT-2?

Thanks

I don’t know if it’s the best, but I’m happy with my Sunwayman V11R on 14500. Was carrying a V10A before that and both are plenty bright when I needed them to be. They’re both supposed to be around 500 lumens max.

KuoH

A very awesome member here sent me a Naithawk M.a that runs on 16340/AA/14500 and it's a really sweet light. The modes are stepped and not infinite but the light reeks of quality.

http://www.naithawk.com/naithawk/en/products/M.a/

Thanks guys. A bit costly but gotta pay to play I guess. I actually kind of like stepped modes instead of infinite. Its conserves more battery does it not? Also that link ain’t working JohnnyMac

Hi,

It doesn’t seem like either the V11R or the Naithawk would be “budget” lights? The Naithawk would be closer, but it looks like it’s still $50+, from China? Or is there somewhere to get them cheaper?

Jim

P.S. I like the control ring lights too… the only one I have is a Niteye TF20, but that uses 18560 battery. It’s not huge, but I don’t think that it’s pocketable.

That’s odd, it works for me when I click the link in that post. :~

Just try going to www.naithawk.com then products and click on "M.a"

I can’t even go to the site if I search it on google, weird… and yeah I am heavy on the “budget” haha

Their site just worked for me too.

Jim

Well that is weird…

Tough finding a decent control ring light under $50. Sure wish there were more budget options for them

As do I Johnny! It is the superior UI

Totally the Sunwayman V and M series. Love them! :D

Jetfeam RRT-01 with its XM-L T6 LED is beautiful beam, has the 54$ cost on Fasttech, new catalog entry i can recommend! originally for RCR123/CR123 you must use adapter 14500/AA with some care.

retail price is 89$ so savings awesome 8)

Aren’t you referring to the RRT-0? As far as I know there is no AA extender for the RRT-1.

Somebody request the Sunwayman V11R+AA extender from fasttech. I bet it will cost less than 50$ :bigsmile:

+1 The Sunwayman V11R with AA extension.
Magnetic control ring plus on/off tail switch is a sweet combo. I much prefer it to my V10A.

Why do you prefer it over the V10A?

I just realized that Jetbeam RRT-0 is infinitely adjustable. I kinda like the non infinite adjust ability. Do I ask for too much!? Basically I want what I have now (the Explorer E82) with the ability to take Li-ion and an XML for decent output

Sunwayman M10R/M11R for 16340s or with AA extender for 14500s and M10A for 14500s. I posted that already in post #11, you might just want to go to http://www.sunwayman.com/html/index2.html and take a look yourself.

But infinite vs. steps doesnt make a difference in battery life. Also, I'm no fan of XML in such small lights.

Only 230 lumens from an XML tho? Isn’t that kind of low?

320 on LiIon. V11R puts out 540 on LiIon. You wont see a difference unless side by side.

And no, thats not low at all. My current EDC puts out about 200lm on high and I rarely use high mode in daily use. When I walk the dog, I take bigger flashlight. ;)