Best EDC over 1000 lm under $50

Would like a new EDC light and am curious to hear everyone’s answers. Preferably over 1000 lumens and under $50 total. Looking forward to your responses.

BLF A6 Special Edition. $25 Can't beat it.

https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/31076

Thanks Streamer, I’ve been eyeing that one. Where can you find it for $25?

Banggood.com has the light and use the discount code from the link in Streamer’s post.

The discount code is –10 USD, so it’s US$29.95 now.

Yehhhhh..while back it was 24.95. Time marches on...

Still could almost get two of em with your 50 buck budget.

For cheaper option but less lumens, can get the Convoy S2+ configured with 7135*8 driver that is still good for 1000 lumens. Should cost you less than 20 bucks including postage direct from the maker, Simon Mao of Shenzen Convoy @ alixpress, Banggood, Fastech.

Not so good if you need extended run times though. That thing burns hot fast and will not be able to stay at 1000L for long.

Personally I think the BLF X6 is the best budget all rounder.

Use the discount code “GBLFA6SE” and go to the link below (Banggood USA warehouse), which means you can have it in a couple of days. :slight_smile:

http://us.banggood.com/Wholesale-Warehouse-BLF-A6-CREE-XPL-1600LM-7-4modes-EDC-LED-Flashlight-wp-Usa-991823.html

Awesome thanks guys!

X6…did you mean A6? X6 would be difficult to EDC without a jacket pocket. A6 would be awesome choice. Just puts a huge smile on your face when on turbo!

If you want a smaller battery/form factor, the Manker T01 (14500 battery) would be an excellent choice, and almost at your required lumens (900). $50-$60 range. Awesome little light, but on the expensive side.

Let us know what you get!

Might be better off getting the Astrolux S1 instead of the BLF A6 because it’s the same light for the same price ($29.95), but the S1 includes the 18350 adapter.

Ordered the BLF A6 this morning! Also got an olight 18650 and a charger. Total was just under $50. Super excited!

For larger format ( bighead can be modded for throw)
the Yezl Y3 should output close that that, and it is on sale for $35

Nope. I did indeed mean the X6. It is true you would not always want one stuck in your jeans pocket but I tend to EDC a single AA light or my Olight S10 as to me any 18650 light is a bit much for EDC. As soon as it is cool enough to put on even a light jacket though the difference between the X6 and A6 is negligible once in a jacket pocket. Maybe I am lazy but I find the UI annoying in the A6 and prefer the overall set up of the X6.

Another vote for the X6. Just so impressive in many ways. It’s a Beast with the Xp-L Hi emitter.

Stop it guys… now I need to go buy a BLF A6 AND an X6… sheesh.

Like I don’t have enough lights already.

P.S. I don’t think I do. lol

Plan a getting a few of each...with the short tubes. They have a tendency to walk away and not in a quiet way - they invoke guilt when someone starts to admire one of them so much so that you say "I have another" ;)

They are same size, why does the S2+ run hotter?

an s2 with a qlite driver 3.04A or a 105c driver 2.8A and 3 or 4 modes will give extended run times. I have an s2 with 4 modes and yes on high it gets hot but on lowest 2 modes there’s pretty much no heat. as far as run times, a dd/fet driver is gonna eat up batteries faster than a 7135 if used at higher levels. small tube light like the s2 or a6 simply aren’t big enough to handle the heat as well as larger light like a c8