Best EDC/SD

thats a damned good emitter choice, 4c is my nw choice, good luck,

so, what are you buying next?

I suggest this one with the 80cri emitter and moon low option

its one of my favourite lights and extremely versatile, be sure to get a charger that can charge 26650 cells and take the 26650 option offered.

Finally Received The Convoy Today After More Than A Month Of Waiting!!
It Looks Amazing And Couldn’t Ask For More From The Appearance.
I Don’t Have Batteries Though! I Was Hoping I Could Find Some At locAl Stores But It Appears That Most Do Not Carry Lithium Ion……. So Again I Come To The Aid Of BLF!
I Need Suggestions On 18650 Batteries And A Charger. I’ve Been Looking Forward To Using This Light And Testing It Out But I Guess I Will Have To Wait Some.
I Was Told That I Could Yank Some From Laptop Batteries.
Any Suggestions???

Thanks Again Everyone.
Kaleb

Just ordered some Authentic Sanyo UR18650FM 18650 2600mAh 3.7V Rechargeable Lithium Batteries and a Nitecore I2 Lithium Li-ion Ni-MH Ni-Cd Smart Battery Charger as someone suggested in an earlier post. I hope it all works well and I learn to use the lithium batteries with ease.

Thank you everyone for the help!

LOL! Read post #58 again. :smiley: Anyway, congrats. I know it seems like forever waiting for that first light but the wait will be worth it.

Lol it’s been a busy few weeks and I have just been waiting to be more active once I got the light running.
My Convoy S6 only takes unprotected 18650s. I am kinda worried about this because of my lack of experience with liion.
I’ve read some pretty bad effects of unprotected cells, but since my light only uses unprotected I think it’s best that I gain as much knowledge as I can on how to use them.
So my question is, how do I properly, charge and use the unprotected cells? I would hate to burn down my house because of my ignorance! lol

Think it depends a lot on you - how concerned you are over safety issues for that 1 in a million chance scenario. I'll charge up cells overnight, or during the day in a i4 or i2 charger using name brand cells, but others won't feel comfortable doing that. I'm not feel'n it to leave unattended xxxFire cells charging, or in a no-name, cheap charger. For the lights, I feel very comfortable with name brand unprotected cells in a single cell light with a known, predictable driver, preferable a Nanjg I program myself. Think only risk there is accidental turn on's, or running it past the point of the driver going into a "saver" mode when the cell gets really low. The driver has the protection built in, or it should, so the cell protection is a backup.

Gotcha. I ordered Sanyo cells and a Nitecore I2 charger.

Just check that it's not overcharging the cells, and you should be fine.

I leave better batteries in tested chargers (tested to stop charging at or below 4.22). Left 8 protected sanyos charging this morning.