Best lumen-per-dollar flooder, around $100 shipped?

If you do decide to go with the light, don’t forget it takes 26650 batteries.
I use these for my lights.
http://www.cnqualitygoods.com/goods.php?id=1871
Good luck on your purchase.

Thanks for the reminder. I would use 18650s with an adapter. I’ve got a lot of good 18650s, and I don’t want to take a new sized battery with me (or have to buy a bunch of 26650s). That will impact current, but I know that going in.

Has anyone reviewed the NiteFire 7x? I couldn’t find a review, but it looks like a good compromise form factor, and it takes 6x 18650s. I’m sketched out by the momentary / electronic buttons, rather than the physical / traditional on / off.

BTU Shocker might be my next major buy

Promotion price:$99.0

3x18650

http://www.fancyflashlights.com/goods.php?id=446

The Nitefire 7x is badly underdriven.

(I think you should buy my Terminator) That will get to you quick. :bigsmile:

Actually I would probably go for the BTU shocker if you are not looking for something practical. He ships fairly fast and it is really a WOW light if you have ever seen one. Thowy and floody.

A lot of these lights do not put out a whole lot more than a good SRK as far as total lumens do. The 9x and 15x are noticeably brighter as is the Terminator and BTU. That 7x and the SP03 which I also have are not lumen monsters.

maka you should check out TrustFire TR-S700 7 x CREE XM-L T6 LED 3800 Lumens Diving Flashlight too if you like this light, $76 there! I remember on some thread JohnnyMac said it was 3578 OTF lumens, probably not competitive with the 15x, but better than any of the others mentioned.

When I’ve dealt with Shenzhen Wholesale before, which is a long time back, it seemed like I had to place the order, then wait a couple days for a shipping quote, then pay again for shipping. Is that still the case? If so, that may be too inefficient time wise for this purchase.

They would do shipping for $15 on the 15X but not on the TR-S700 I was going to do a group buy with it but it fell apart because of the shipping. They wouldn’t budge on it because it’s so huge. Their price only came in $10 less than Fast Tech. But I got the 15X for a total of $85 and they shipped halfway fast, Total was around 2 weeks or just over if I remember right. But it takes two days to order from them.

Yep still how it works. You would be cutting it very close with them.

They are specifying ” 10 Amps” tail cap draw for the TrustFire TR-S700 ? ! :open_mouth: if that is a true measurement for that light with the 7 XM-Ls pulling 10 amps out of the 3 / 26650s in parallel, it will be a flood monster
. Im tempting to pull the trig on that now just to test it…
http://www.fasttech.com/products/1601/10005078/1398604-trustfire-tr-s700-7cree-xm-l-t6-1-mode-3800-lumen-

It sounds like the 15x is my safest bet. If I bought something like eBay item 231030305617, is that likely to be on par with the 15x units we’ve discussed here?

EBay stuff from China generally reaches me faster than stuff from Chinese gadget sites.

That one is different that the one I have but it looks pretty good.

If your requirement is that it must use 18650s, then ak90 and the 3x26650 trustfire fatty are out of the picture.

BTU Uses 18650s.

the terminator is one up slightly.
good deal here.

but if i was you, i would def. get this one here, at least two times brighter than your king.

you can get it for about $85 shipped.

trustfire x100? flood and throw.

Here is a great comparison. He has a Skyray King in he mix, so you can compare them against his other lights.

Very interesting. I had no idea the BTU was that bright, particularly considering the 3x LED count.

If my read is correct, it blew away everything short of a 60W HID. Granted, there was no 15x comparison on that list.

CNQ has been quick in the past to my location. XML2 version with the DRY driver may be the way to go?

Just to let you know, those 2 BTU’s are heavily modded by Tom.E

Here are some pictures of stock, unmodified lights.

SkyRay King

BTU Shocker

And that’s from the 1st batch of Shockers. Now they come with XML2s and are arguably 20% brighter than what you see in my pictures.
That’s 3000+ lumen goodness blasting all over the place.

I only mention the Shocker because you say it’s not a practical purchase. In no way is the Shocker practical. It doesn’t come with a holster, it is huge, heavy and awkward to hold. The only thing it has going for it is pretty good heat sinking capabilities and insane output and throw.
If I didn’t already have a Shocker I’d definitely get the Shocker with XML2s now. Especially for $114 since it’s on sale.

j20 here for dirt cheap!

There was also no TR-J18, TR-x100, AK-47, 12xT6 or 15x on the list, all of which should be all brighter out of the box than the out of the box BTU (maybe not TRJ18). All can also use 18650s and are under $100, what you asked for. You have to remember, in those pictures, TomE has modified and upgraded both BTUs for higher output. Any of the above lights with the same upgrades would blow away the BTU (including TR-J18, you should look up TomE’s 5500 lumen TR-J18 mod).