best multi emitter Light?

Hi!

I have : 4x NCR 18650B Pana protected and 9 unprotected laptop pulls
a skyray 3xt6 modded

I want :
mooaaaarrrr Lumens! :smiley:
7 or more XM-L(2)
max 100$ (suggest up to 150 since I want to trade a little bit)
banggood or gearbest available
modable for even mooaaaarrrr Lumens!

I try to stay with 18650…

thanks!

Series or parallel cells?

With cells in series, seven emitters leaves you with the least options for modding other than some kind of resistor mod.

Supposedly the BLF direct driver drivers can be made to work with multi cell series flashlights. I haven't tried it, but I'd like to as that would allow nearly the highest output possible, but still offer a nice set of well spaced modes that you could reflash to suit your own preferences.

what differences comes with seriell vs. parallel?

Voltage

Yes, but the math has to work out between number of cells and number of emitters.

well…

I was hoping you guys post a link (to some 12x lights)
and tell me how to mod the stock driver to get 5-8 k Lumens

:wink:

With the BLF drivers you have to use the same number of cells as emitters since they’re not step up or step down, that’s why it won’t work with 7 and a 3 cell light, of it were 6 emitters w/ 3 cells you could wire the emitters in 2 parallel strings of 3 series cells but with 7 there’s no way to make it work.

How in-depth are you open to modding it? There are lots of ways to get mooaaarrr lumens lol.

How is the 3xt6 modded so we know what you have to beat.

….or, you can use a two cell light with five emitters, but the center one has to be an MTG.

Three cells, nine XM-Ls , FET driver= 4.3A per emitter

This light may do the trick for you. I think someone has been trying to sell a modded one also but don’t have time to look around for the thread.

Fasttech has it the cheapest that I’ve seen, $72, for the xm-l2 version.

I splitted the 2 deck driver and soldered a r100 to raise the amps at the tail cap for 50%…

Lichtsensor at the phone says +40% light

I am not very well equipped, but I am not unskilled either :wink:

I never programmed a driver if you wanted to know that

any more questions?

edit likes the linked ultrafire :wink:

The linked ultrafire was for sale from 18sixfifty i think. He had a few that he cleaned up with better copper etc. There’s now one for sale in Australia (We have kangaroos).

It’s 7000lumens stock. Crazy but runs on 26650 native.

I’m keen to know suggestions too.