Best multi purpose light for $50? If you could only have one light, which would you choose and why?

I know it would give people having tons of lights some problem…… I hops I did not give anyone nightmares……
Interesting answers. Keep em comin’ :bigsmile:

joa,

I don’t know for sure if this one is legit, but if you do in fact get the true SkyRay STL-V2 for that price it would be one heck of a bargain. And if it is the real deal, it will be the best money you could spend for the price on one of the best flashlights period.

I think lights are so purpose driven..

i thought about the Ld-40 Fenix or the jetbeam PA ... but it only fills a certain slot .. it fills the ..I want a AA only light ..

Of the 2 I think the Ld-40 as a general purpose light might make more sense .. it has that xpg r4 4b neutral emitter and a sweet tint and great CGI which makes the colors all pop. and it has lots of throw using a smooth reflector that has a beautiful beam pattern ..So I would find it hard to want a more floody beam like the pa-40 when the xpg is so perfectly done here .

But would i dare say it would suffice as a single all purpose light ?? for some too big , for others too throwy , others not bright enough .not powerful enough ??..I'll say it's a great light and was a deal for under 40$..A nice light .

Want me to reccomend 10 more great lights ??

they all would have a few things in common , good mode spacing , no nasty pwm , nice knurling or well built bodies , sexy sweet neutral /high cgi tints,pretty beam patterns,interesting user interfaces etc ..etc .. etc..

Out of a 100 lights you'll find 12 or so that modified just a bit come pretty close to being ..lights you really like ..

the one light ...is really a one out of ten light

i think if I could only have one light it would probably be a single AA light ... but again asking any light to do all things is just asking for all thigs to be done semi poorly .

You really need a (good) head lamp , you really need a(good) keychain light , a 18650 powered light as well as almost all the other battery sizes .Any decent household coverage of lights will include multiple lights for muliple tasks . A back door thrower , dog walking light,cheap bright simple battery loaner light ,lantern,stainless steel ,beater light,low lumen bathroom light,nightstand light ,a few small (nichia 5mm) handy 20 lumen cheap lights ..

one light ..

:p that's just silly

I hear ya, Boaz. Howevre, the PA40 at $40 right now is a steal! You could get that AND some eneloops and keep it at $50. I wish I had more lights so I could throw out other suggestions… but you’ve already go many good ideas.

The Ultrafire T-50 is my general purpose light.

Would have to be the Maxtoch SN6X-2/Skyray STL-V2. Amazing performance for the dollar, plus versatility with its 5 modes. Best allrounder I have seen for the $$.