Best Quality + best price Protected 14500 cells.

I have some nitecore and some keepower protected and all work fine and a lot better than the best TF flames I had.(fakes are the same as your ultracrapfire)
The TF protection kicked always in very hard and needed always a reset the keepower and nitecore seem to work after protection kicked in on low mode for a while which is something I really like in some cases.

The nitecore have a small button top which is a problem in some lights because it doesn’t stick out so far, a solder blob helps.

I have both the Chinese and the Sanyo based keepower and I can’t tell which is better they both perform good.

I also have one efest IMR for hot rod lights but I seldom use it because the 2-3A the protected can deliver are more than enough in the AA size.
—-
I bought these cells on promotions and before map police killed bargains so I am very happy but can understand that people find them expensive.
http://lygte-info.dk/review/batteries2012/CommonSmallcomparator.php

i got a pair of keeppower 14500 800mah for only around 14$ USD from aliexpress months ago, it works awesomely and i guess maybe you just have to replace it with the same battery again after over a year of use

I used my OPUS BT-C3100. I got those cells a couple of months ago and never used them as they tested so poor. I just looked at them again and one of them was sitting at less than 2V. I stored them at 3.7V. I paid good money for total crap. TMart, USA warehouse.

ok same charger i have, it works great for weeding out bad cells.

Different size than what the OP asked.
Who knows who makes the 16340’s for Trustfire or if the ones you got were “genuine” (if that even applies to any ’’’fire battery:) Where did you get them from? I see now, Tmart, good to know.

Anyway, all the 14500 Trustfire Flames have been as good as the Keeppower’s and Green Sanyo’s.
The Trustfire flames came from FastTech.
Got one set of the Ultrafire flames from FT also, but have not run them long enough to give an appraisal of performance, but out of the gate they seem to be comparable.

Best budget 16340’s I have found are the Fandyfire yellow ones, protected and they run real good for that oddball size battery. They keep up with the Xtar’s I have. Was really surprised. Got them from FT, they are these;
https://www.fasttech.com/p/1356910

Later,
Keith

So I just finished testing the remaining four TF Flame Protected 14500 cells i have, and i’m somewhat impressed with all of these as compared to the crappy grey Ultrafire 14500’s
Three of the TF 14500 cells tested, at 760, 725 and 847 MAH, and one i got an impressive 906 MAH. ( these are all rated on the labels as 900 MAH. (* all tested on a Opus BT3100 v2.1 Charger)

Here are the results of the protected 1400 cells i have:

- TF Flame , 906mah

- TF Flame , 847mah

- TF Flame , 772mah

- TF Flame , 760mah

- TF Flame , 710mah

- TF Flame , 630mah

- SmallSun UP, 507mah

- Ultrafire Grey, 220mah

- Ultrafire Grey, 210mah

- Ultrafire Grey, 196mah

- Ultrafire Grey, 180mah

- Ultrafire Grey, 172mah

• Ultrafire Grey, 135mah

Yeah, I got mixed up. I knew the OP was about the 14500’s but forgot as the thread went on.
I did a test of all my crapfire cells when I first got the OPUS and here is a pic I posted of my TrustFire 14500’s I wrote the capacity on each one and posted the pics, hoping that the image would be forever burned into the minds of anyone considering buying these. They also came from TMart US Warehouse.

dchomak and all,

I must retract my praise of the Fandyfires.
After reading about your 16340 Flames and I said I had good luck with the yellow fandyfire 16340’s I decided to pull them out and test them.
You mentioned that your trustfire flames were a few months old , my Fandyfires are over 1 year old and I do believe that is part of their problem, they appear to not hold up after some time of being dormant. Mine did not lose voltage like your batteries however, they just drop voltage like a rock and charge very quickly, both signs off poor capacity.
Mine are only measuring at 312 and 292 vs my Xtar which pulled 572.

572 is not that awesome but for the size it is acceptable and is very close to their 600 rating, so I guess they are as good as it gets.
Anyhoo, if anyone else knows of some good protected 16340’s for not an arm and a leg, I am all ears.
Thanks!
Keith

Now I remember, I mentioned my TF 16340’s because the were Flames. Someone started to mention the Flames as being good. I had to show that just because a cell is a TF Flame doesn’t always mean it’s any good. Here is that pic, and here is the thread it came from

I see you got much the same test results for your Grey cells as i did my Grey ones, all low medocre capacities.
Only my six almost 2-year old flames i got from DX are still testing a good capacity for 14500’s, ( bought four of them on 12/02/2012) but i seen they are out of stock of the same “good” ones i bought there, ( which seem to have good reviews posted on the page:
http://www.dx.com/p/trustfire-protected-14500-3-7v-900mah-rechargeable-lithium-batteries-2-pack-26124#.VCyKQRYzOkc

EDIT:
The last two TF Flames test results. Not bad for 2-year old “Cheap” 14500 i guess.

What charger is that that you are using?

Looks like an Opus C3100 that was in the GB recently, no 8idea if v1, 2, 2.1 or 3.

Who has the best deal on that Opus charger today

I would imagine GearBest. Isn’t the Group Buy still one. It was $42 with the code.
There is a thread here about it.

OPUS BT-C3100 V2.1

Thanks… the code still works. Just ordered the V2.1.

Order one for me too ...

You all have inspired me to test my 2yr old DX Trustfire Flame 14500's which have just been sitting around a long time in my OPUS v.2.1. First off, one of the cells reads 0.00v, so I used the other TF Flame (3.65v) to try and reset the PCB - nope, still 0.00v. So I then used a partially depleted 18650 (3.95v) - nope, still 0.00v. Stick the cell in my OPUS - "Null" is all it will say. So I'm wondering if I should try and remove the PCB and see if the bare cell is ok and the PCB has failed.

The "good" flame is on the OPUS now at a 500mA discharge test, will report back.

EDIT - 728mAh, not bad!

-Garry

So it looks like the DX Trustfire flames 14500 they sold two years ago were actually good cells. The dead one you have could be a dead PCB or the cell is toast, its worth the test to remove the PCB to see if the cell is still alive.

I once charged some very old ni-cads for RC. Almost blew out my new TV when I heard a pop and a cell went flying through the room out of the pack.