Best Soda Can Size Flood Light?

BLF- Q8

BLF-GT Sofirn?
You mean Thorfire BLF-Q8 manufactured by Sofirn

Totally agree…

That’s how I ended up, just Soda Can alone with MF01, SP36 XPL, SP36 LH351D, MF01S, X45… non Soda, EC03, FW21 Pro, MF01 Mini…

ALL have their good and bad. Again, non of the above that I have is perfect for me…

You’re right! Quite the brain fart. Fixed my post.

Excuse me if you’ve already considered this but personally I wouldn’t want to carry most soda can type lights on a long walk. They can be pretty chunky and relatively heavy. If you would want to switch to your thrower (if you’re carrying both) it would be kind of cumbersome as it doesn’t fit in most pockets so I guess you’d stick it under your arm and hold it there while using the thrower or have to take a bag or holster. Not ideal for me. One thing I’ve noticed is that I can scrutinize the dimensions specs many times but when I receive the light I’m always a little surprised by the size or weight.

I went through the same process as you with mostly the same lights and chose the Astolux MF01s (Mateminco M18s) and am happy with it. The deciding factor was the good (for me) balance of flood and decent throw.

If you do want a soda can type light, also take a look at the Haikelite HK04. I really like mine, it’s a lot of fun to use. Slightly slimmer and lighter because it uses 3 batteries instead of 4 like some. It’s very bright, great quality and again a good balance of flood and throw. It also has USB charging and Anduril UI.

I definitely would not take the MT03 or the MT09R for a walk due to size and weight but that’s me.

I have none of those lights, but would choose the Marauder for UI, combination of collimator/TIR, and for what I think is Olight-quality.

ThorFire BLF Q8

Sofirn BLF Q8

Astrolux MF01S

Lumintop BLF GT3

:BEER:

- SAM -

ROT66 with 219B emitters. Bit too rosy, but you’re not going to beat the spectrum it puts out until mfgrs start using seoul sunlike emitters and 36v drivers…

http://www.eagtac.com/html/mx3tc/index.html

Some great feedback. Thanks. I think I will probably eliminate the following:

1. Acebeam X80GT. Can get similar performance from the Imalent MS06 (less money and better runtime at 4,000 lumens) and Fenix LR40R (slightly more money and runtime but better quality).
2. Lumintop GT3. Has a mediocre review on 1lumen and there are better options at various price points.
3. Olight Marauder 2. Replacing with the Fenix LR40R for a higher end option.
4. Mateminco MT18S. This was hard because it gets very good feedback and under $80, but for a small premium I can get the Emisar.

That leaves me with the Emisar D18, Imalent MS06 and Fenix LR40R. Sofirn, Hakelite and Thrunite options offer good value, but don’t seem to be “better” lights. Fenix spotlight gets mediocre reviews, but overall quality and flood light is good. Not sure how much you’re getting for the premium price.

I’d stay away from Imalent. Since you are walking your dog, make sure it’s a light that can take damage. I am pretty sure you will drop it a few times out there, I know I have.

Ms06 to me has best performance for money and comes as complete kit. Just buy direct from
Imalent and you will get the updated model with problem fixed.

I only have the D18 out of those but fully recommend it.

I like that it is 3 x 18650 instead of 4 like other soda can style lights I have. More compact to carry in jacket pocket.

I’m curious what led you to this assumption.

Don’t buy imalent if you want a light which will work down the line. Their QC is hot garbage from what I’ve heard

And their customer “service” leaves much to be desired, too.

Ordered a LD10 late November, their own site promises it’d be shipped within 3 days of payment (it wasn’t), and that it’d be delivered in 5-12 business days (again, it wasn’t).

Well over a month, I’m still waiting, and it hasn’t even been handed off to the USPS yet. I wanted it by Christmas, not Easter.

All their CS could do is repeat the same nonsense, “you’ll eventually get it… is that okay?”. Uhhh, no, it’s not.

I’ll never buy anything Imalent even if offered for half-price. It’s not worth the aggravation and lies.

Fenix generally seems to get more consistent reviews on their lights. I know Olight makes some great products, but there doesn’t seem to be as much consistency as Fenix. The Marauder 2 and LR40R are very similar and the Fenix is a fair amount less right now. Also, the couple reviews I read of the Marauder were very good, but most felt the spotlight function was weak. You could probably flip a coin, but Fenix seems to have a slight edge and it is less money right now.

At this point, I am leaning toward Emisar and will throw in a KR4 in titanium and copper as an extra for about the same price as the LR40R.

I am an absolute flashlight junky and used to just buy the latest name brand lights. Since spending time here I’ve been awaken. Emissar is my favorite brand I think. Their quality is as good or better than the much more expensive lights. I ordered the d18 with sst-20s and the day it arrived I was so impressed that I ordered a second one with the osram leds. Hank does not disappoint. Ui is so much better than the usual nighcore/Fenix ect. Highly recommend.

Imalent R60C is another option.

18,000 lumens (compared to 25,000 for the MS06). 1000 meters throw Vs about 500m from the MS06.

Still happy with my BLF Q8.

Why order directly from Imalent? All my Imalents I have purchased from Amazon were same day delivery. Ordered early Am and got them by afternoon same day no additional charge. And Imalent does have a store with Amazon directly.