best thrower, one battery

I have dozens of lights, but now I need a really thrower…

1. I prefer only 1 battery (I do not like multi-Lithium lights)
  2. Must be a production light (not a custom).

(I have Predator XPL-Hi, Convoy C8 xP-L hi, but i need more meters…. more luxes….)

What is the best out there ?, with these conditions.
Please, What should I buy?

Regards

The Convoy L2 can be run on one or two 26650 batteries and has a larger reflector than the C8 and more throw, come with XP-L Hi at 3A as a stockl light and is cheap, but don´t expect a monster throw out of the box ( I think 120Klux), but there are people who modded this light to be thre times the throw of the stock light.

Another option, but more expensive: Manker U21
Single 26650 light too.

Third option: Jaxman X1, a bit more throw than L2 out of the box with XP-L Hi.

K.

3 Seems good option for me. 100-120kcd is a acceptable option now.
I read data about U21 (your link for U21 is not active) and X1.
I not found meassurements for L2 with one battery, is over 100kcd?

Sorry, messed up the U21 Link, fixed now… you can always use the forum search in the upper left corner to search for “Manker U21” to get more threads.

The L2 makes around 110 Kcd at start, see Convoy L2...Guess who's back??? - #1492 by Mitko
In stock form the X1 should be the best pocket thrower, but L2 is cheaper and easily moddable - great host!

Edit: damn, messed up candela and lux again…I will never get this right I guess :wink:

K.

On a sidenote: if you have a really good C8 it could be that none of the 3 lights above really impress you compared to the C8. Yes they will throw further, but it will probably be not the difference you expected. Are you looking for a “show-off just for fun” light that makes you go “wow” every time you turn it on? Then cut to the case and buy a Thrunite TN42 or Acebeam K70 :wink:

K.

I hardly dare to mention it here, because this light was introduced some two years ago. But the Olight M2X-UT is a surprisingly compact light, yet does not feel flimsy in any way. And it brings you 164 kcd. I have the dedomed XM-L2 version and I’m very happy with it (and the tint). And if you want more runtime, there’s always an extension tube.

I do not think about making a mod. If I find a good deal for the U21, I will buy this …. if I do not, I think I’ll decide on the X1.
…. thank you for your sincerity. I really do not want flashlights multi-batteries (of lithium).
My C8 is only *6 ,(So maybe I note difference with these).
The purpose is not a wow light (ok, if a think wow!! is better is I think , how bored!….), is a good thrower in a compact size for use in my daily life.

I like the olight, but really, I will need a good offer for go to this, I prefer a limit of 50-60 USD

what about the mh20GT? 362m throw and still small for daily usage. It isn’t the best single cell thrower, though

Hello Anton, thanks for the recommendation.
I have MH20GT, but still less thrower than my Predator XPL Hi or the C8 XP-L Hi.
(of course, is a very impressive flashlight to its small size, but now I’m looking for a point more than that).

The Olight M2X-UT is on sale at illumn right now for $60 with free domestic shipping.

http://www.illumn.com/olight-m2x-ut-javelot-modified-cree-led-1020-lumens-old-de-dome-version.html

Good price, a word of warning though: AFAIK this one uses a factory dedomed XM-L2 LED that has a very greenish tint compared to a XP-L Hi for example.
K.

HD2010 is like $25 bucks.

Pretty weak thrower in stock form. I modded one a long time ago with an xml2 and a 3A qlite its only doing 50kcd…. I really need to revisit that beast with a FET driver and a dedome.