Best type of battery

The SH034 does well on primary and rcr's......I have a lot of the Duracell precharged cells which are the white top not the black....the black ones are made in China and for some reason dont hold up as well as the white topped ones. Its hard to find the white topped ones since there was talk of them being rebranded Eneloops and now all i can find are the black topped cells. Basically this is how i see it, if you want max lumens then go with rechargeable liths but bear in mind that runtime is decreased.......when the family and I go to the beach at night for our walk i carry small lights that pack a punch and a holster on my belt stacked with rcr's. For me there is no best type of battery since theres pro's and con's of each.

I just noticed that the Duracell active charge cells I got from 7 day shop are the duraloop version they have the White top and say made in Japan on the side, but best of all they are only £5.99 for 4 which is much cheaper than eneloops

I want some. Wink

Whats the capacity of the cell........

If you get the L2, then you could use 2 16340's in them or you could get some 18650 batteries. One 18650 battery has more capacity than 2 16340's. Trustfire has them in the flame-colored packaging too and people seem to like them.

2000mah

Thanks mate i will stick with the rcr123 cells for now and then upgrade to the 18650 after pay day

You got an awesome deal on the batts......

An old thread I know but I'm reading up on batteries and thought it worth mentioning the latest Vapextechs are supposed to be very good compared to those of a couple of years back.

Review of various LSDs here where the vapextech do very well:

Thanks for this - and welcome to BLF!

I've pretty much standardised on Eneloops but it sounds like the newer Vapexes at half the price of Eneloops might be worth a look.