BEST VALUE SPOTLIGHT - 700 meter or more beam

Hello, love this site hahahhahaha!!! This is my first post.

Looking for:

REQUIREMENTS
Spotlight with 700+ meter range
Value light ($300 or less, although could go higher for something insane)
Good quality
Waterproof (rain)

NICE TO HAVE
Can handle seawater (kayak fishing in brackish marsh)
Can plug into car electrical outlet

Any suggestions??!!? I’m contemplating the Nitecore Tiny Monster TM16 that has 4000 lumens and 700 meter range, but am wondering if anything better / more value out there. To be used for night hog hunting in SC, and general animal / wildlife spotting. And to occasionally scare the hell out of my neighbors.

Just received my Olight Mx3s-UT Javelot, 1km beam distance and is $50 cheaper. Would recommend it :)

+1 M3XS UT, amazing throw but you might feel the output limited, If you want to “scare the hell out of your neighbors” the TM16 would be a better choice!

There is a deal going on for the TM16 as well the M3XSUT, here in BLF we almost never pay full MSRP for our lights :slight_smile:

Welcome

)(@#)#(!$# 1km beam, that is INSANE. love the suggestion. i wonder how it can do that considering it 1/4 the lumens of the other.

lol @will34. scaring my neighbors is definitely a top priority :). Where are the deals for the flashlights? Any seller recommendations?

With lots of lumens and multiple emitters/LEDs (TM16) comes lots of floody light (along with the throw). Doesn’t make for a good long-range spotlight. You want a lot of well focused light like the Javelot, or maybe even a zoomable flashlight like the Uniquefire UF-1504 (This one you’ll want to get modded since it’s not great in stock form) with even less spill/flood.

Lol no you have to got the part of the forum that says group buys

M3XS UT

Nitecore TM16

and

You have to send them a PM to get the discount code. Really good price in both lights.

I find aspherics to be easier to see at long range because the lack of spill doesn’t light up the debris in the air. A modified 1504 or 1405 will give you over 1000m of throw easily, the most ridiculous 1405 I’ve made throws 1400m. It won’t be waterproof though.

kkw what did you use to get 1400m out f your 1405?

An XP-G2 S4 2B at 5A with a SS reflecting aperture. This was a 1405 with a brass pill from a 1504 host, 5A buck driver from Mountain Electronics, and the XP-G2 was mounted on a Noctigon.

Besides making the RA, you have to machine a collar for the driver area to fit the larger driver. 3/4” copper tube is a good place to start, and with the ability to solder to the brass pill it’s much easier to get working fairly quickly.

If you want throw just go with Olight M3XS UT,and you will be amazed !!! Take the code from group buy tread and go to GearBest site,also add a couple of Panasonic NCR18650PF, and you want exceed a 100$. Mine came two days ago and I can’t stop playing since. Tint is also so beautiful and I would really like to know which XPL are they using. There is no green at all,and I would say its more close to 5300K then to 4500K,and that is what I prefer !!!

i went with this, thx for all the recs!

​Olight M3XS - UT Javelot Cree XP - L Waterproof Extended-range 18650​
http://www.gearbest.com/led-flashlights/pp_182292.html
So this has 1000 meter range, comes highly recommended among experts. Price through group buy, INSANELY low considering. Can’t wait, perfect for looking at game at night in fields etc.​ Not giving price b/c of forum rules.

Good choice for the intended use. I think you’ll be pleased.

Great choice,just buy some good quality 18650 or 18500 battery……

Yep, very good choice…seeing as how the reflector in the TM16 is plastic.

And a plastic reflector is bad, because…??? If properly shaped and finished, plastic and metal reflectors do exactly the same job, exactly as well.

Plastic doesent transfer heat, and if you have 4 XM L2
There will be a lot of heat in HI modes