Best way to actually buy something?

Does EVERY single code you try not work? Even for lights that you don’t intend on buying, just testing the code?

Did you tried those codes form Martin on martin@m4dm4x.com ?

Those codes are working…

Yeah. I’m going to get off my phone and laptop tomorrow. Both of those use the Chrome browser. I’ll get over into the Microsoft world and see if somehow that works.

Last weekend I summarized the list of suggestions people had made for “first lights.” I had planned to order on Monday, but these “discount issues” have stumped me. I’ll get it sorted out over the next week or two or just buy at full price somewhere so that I can learn the lights rather than the websites.

I haven’t yet tried to buy the Thorfire light you suggested. I’ll try to buy that light if I continue to strike on buying the others I had planned to buy.

I bought the tk15s last week it seems very good light in reviews

Thanks. That one should be easy to buy. Looks like it is available on Amazon-Prime (USA). I have no problem shopping there.

Save yourself some trouble and start on the last page.

Thanks. Tomorrow, when I start on all this again, I’ll do that. Maybe one of the problems I’m having is using the codes from the Gear Best coupons which came up at the beginning of their daily thread. I’ll take a different approach tomorrow.

Believe me, I know. At the end of the effort, when the “rejection” comes back, you start questioning everything - item out of stock, code expired, captcha wrong, user error…and yet, nothing ordered.

Thanks for the help. I’ll get it sorted out in the next couple of weeks.

If the price is good, I think its the faster option :+1:

The current codes are typically at/towards the ends of the threads. Often the posters will also update the first post or two of the thread with the latest codes. Some posters seem to be more diligent about clearing expired codes out of their first posts than others.

For Gearbest, and I think Banggood, you can only apply one code per transaction. Also, when you apply the code, you need to make sure the item it applies to is the only item selected in your cart. If you have another item selected as well, I think the discount may work for the applicable item, but you may get a confusing message.

When you go to those deal threads always go to the last post and work your way up.
The latest updated codes will be at the end of the threads.

If you are looking at the beginning of that thread, check the date of the post. Usually those codes don’t last but a week or so. You could be looking at something posted a year ago. Go to the end of the thread, and work your way back. If you see something you like and the code doesn’t work, PM them.

Also, if Banggood and Gearbest are running a flash sale on a particular item, the code won’t work until after the flash sale. Much of the time the flash sale is more money than using the code, so just wait until after the sale.

Forum members bilakos10, Fin17, and Trevi_lux have regularly updated discount code threads. In these threads you only need to look in the most recent post to find active codes. bilakos10 codes seem to seem to be valid for quite a small number of uses so they expire quickly, but the others don’t seem to be too bad. I believe all three only get coded from GearBest.

bilakos10 - ☢ [Bilakos10 Premium Deals] ● Astrolux FT03 SST-40 ● Astrolux A01 UV ● Seeknite X6S ● JCD 8898 Hot Air Station ● SQ-D60

Fin17 - GearBEST's Sale . Rovyvon A5 $15.99 . Convoy S21 $15.99

Trevi_lux - (:-) ✋Trevi: S2+ Sand 12,49$ || Convoy L2 29,99$ | Skilhunt H03NW 25,99$ | ZT102 8,99 $ | Jet-u 8,99$ | Colaier Lii 500 18,99$

Forum member M4D M4X has a website with a list of codes. You’ll need to register and most of the codes I’ve tried had expired, but M4D M4X gets codes from Banggood.

M4D M4X website - https://m4dm4x.com

If you’re after a specific item you can ask the thread owner to request a code for it, but not all requests are granted and the discounts aren’t necessarily great.

In addition to the discount code threads, forum members often arrange group buys for specific items in their own threads.

There are some items that seem to have discount codes available almost constantly, and others for which the discount seems to fluctuate. Occasionally there are real bargains, like the golden era of the 9.99 Zanflare F1 or the recent half-price Convoy L2. Some brands are hardly ever discounted. I think it’s worth keeping an eye on the threads just to know what the real street prices of some common lights are. I’d be kicking myself if I had paid Gearbest’s full price for a Zanflare F1 or Nitecore TIP.

Some things are worth buying directly from the manufacturer. Convoys are a good example - you can get an S2+ super cheap with a code, but it will probably have the annoying old firmware and a 1A emitter. If that’s what you like or you just want a host then go for it, but if you buy directly from Convoy via AliExpress Simon can customise your light and the price is still very reasonable.

I adopted a totally different approach you may also consider. People on this forum have a lot of knowledge. I’m sure they are honest. But does it help…. not really. No user is the same. That’s no insult. That’s a fact. One person will tell you that you absolutely need a 5000K light for your goals. Another person says 4000K tops. What’s the ideal size? A? 18650? 26650? How many lumen you need? The amount of lumen in loosly related to the size and runtime. Do you want flood or throw? How much? Do you like a wide or narrow spot/spill? Do you want high CRI or don’t you care about that?
So many opinions, so many choices.

I did the best I could and at a certain point I just bought lights of various sizes. All of those lights have different outputs. I focused on cheaper ones. You can also pick up $1 lights at a yard sale just to get an impression of size.
When I received the lights I simply started using them. Just put them in my pocket and see what size is to large. What amount of lumen I need as a minimum. What is overkill?

Now I personally, first hand learn what various flashlights do for my personal situation. I can now personally see the difference between 4000K and 6000K lights.

Based on that experience I’ll start searching for a quality light. That will be much easier because now I know size, lumen, runtime, color that serve my needs best.

About batteries, I won’t bother to much about that. There are good deals and quality is most sizes.
Personally I like good runtime and 26650 lights are small enough for me. The cells for those lights are quite good in quality and price. But such lights are far less common than 18650 lights. I would even go for 32650 lights but both cells and lights are rare. Plus the cells are so medicore they add nothing but weight and size.

You asked for advise. I won’t give any besides the story I wrote just above. I’m not qualified to give advise. But I would give a suggestion. Look at headlights like those on Zebralight.com
IF you looking for that size and output a headlight can be a good deal. Obviously you can wear it on your head. But as a bonus a large percentage of headlights let you take of the light so you can use it as a regular flashlight. Two for the price of one :slight_smile:

What I would do in your position is as follows:-

1) Make a short-list of maybe 10 items you want to buy.
2) go to the forum and mark all posts as read
3) check a couple of times a day under “recent posts” for a jump in updates on threads posted by affiliates.

Read these threads from the bottom up, looking ONLY for the most recent posts that have pictures and codes
Whenever you find one of the items from your list - put in on your shopping cart immediately and apply the code for discount, but don’t pay until you have both checked the other posts and are confident it is a good price, just because something is listed at $16 and the code is $12 does not mean it isn’t frequently on offer for $7, the more you read the more familiar you become with what to expect from offers on particular items.
Don’t expect any coupon to work the next day, the best ones expire within minutes to hours because they are usually for a limited number of units, and often cannot be used by the same person twice or for more than one at a time, or even for a different tint of the same item. The more you play around with options the more likely you are to lock yourself out of the offer. Clearing cache and cookies may solve this sometimes.

I only bought 1 light without code.
And it was a custom.

I tend to make 3 kinds of flashlight-related purchases:

• I want this item now or soon
  • I want it, but can wait
  • Wow, what a deal

In the first case I:

• look for code
  • check aliexpress, gearbest, banggood, fasttech

to find the best deal.
These tend to be poor deals anyway.

In the latter cases I just track the deal threads. Nowadays there are fewer deals then before, not the least because of one member being fired and another leaving by themselves.

The coupon codes are usually for a very limited quantity. They sell out fast. From personal experience you have to act fast for popular items. Several of the code posters are on European time. They may be posting very early in your morning. Looks for a post about when the next set of coupons are going to be posted and get ready to act fast.

USE PAYPAL. Don’t give out your card numbers.

The Generic 4BLF code usually works on Banggood for any flashlight, even if it isn’t on sale. 4BLF can also be combined with some coupons. I was able to combine 4BLF with a coupon

The General Elec code might give you 10% off a charger on Banggood.

Flash sales work a lot longer than the coupons. The % off may not be as much. There usually some decent prices on the flash sales. If it is on Banggood try some of the general coupons. They might work.

It can take months to get something from China. I’ve had orders show up in a few days. I also still am waiting for something I ordered December 7th.

Item sold by Amazon or fulfilled by Amazon will be a lot faster. It will also be more expensive.

Check out https://m4dm4x.com

Yes if you are using coupons. In any case smaller orders are less likely to incur customs charges. Small lighter orders seem to get here(UK) faster than heavier ones.

There are other options besides Gearbest, Banggood and Amazon.

MTN Electronics. I haven’t bought anything from them yet since I live in the UK.
Official Convoy store on Aliexpress. —> https://convoy.aliexpress.com/store/330416 I’ve been told that Simon will give a small discount if you mention BLF. I haven’t tried.
Intl-Outdoor for Emisar lights and parts —> https://intl-outdoor.com I haven’t used them, but they have a good reputation on here.

Amazon’s prices never match what folks here say is a good price, but I’m beginning to bail out on this whole bargain hunt notion.