Beware!: DX Selling Fake Trustfire Flames

I received fakes from DX. Thats why I switched to HiMax cells.. 6$ per cell, not that expensive either.

My memory is shot, but I seem to remember that when I first started buying TFFs, none of them had the holographs? Maybe a year ago? Or am I dreaming again while awake?

I went through my 30-40 18650 TFFs and all were holographic except the ones I bought last December, some of the oldest. Those work just fine. As good as any TFFs I have. Maybe old stock before they added the holograms?

Not saying there aren’t fakes out there …. but I am wondering if they always had holograms. Then again, maybe I was buying non-hologram fakes when I first started buying TFFs.

All of my 30 14500 TFFs have holograms. Never bought from Tmart, DX, MF until this forum …. Always did the best ebay sellers (95+ feedback and many TFF sales) and seem to have made out all right …. Until now maybe. :wink: ;–0

AFAIK those non-holographic are fake.

And there is as I know 2 kinds of holographic that are “fake” too.

I think good sources for best one sare manafont and kaidomain…

I had 4 “kinds” of trustfire flames in my hands, and 3 of them were with silver holographic lettering.

I wanted to start a new topic but Ill write it here first.

Im just checking some cells capacities and protection circuit with Imax hobby charger.
Can yomeone tell me how I should test low-voltage protection,m and how would charger act (during 1A discharge) if this protection works??

Im little sceptical, on two kinds of batteries low protection does not work. I discharged them to 2,2V - so….
But maybe Imax keep discharging them even if protection circuit kicks in, or what??

Really, dinodirect (of course), buyincoijs, and dx are a big gamble regarding buying these batts. Even lightake (although they say they are now changing too new, single supplier.) Only manafont and kaidoman are reliable (and know what they are doing, regarding cells etc), it seems…

Can’t recall the movie, but the main actor was a runner. The bad guys tortured the runner. They kept asking him “is it safe”!! :lol:

So, I am asking now, because I got some store credit with DX, IS IT SAFE TO GET TF FLAMES FROM DX, in 18650 & 26650??

thanks in advance,

Marathon Man - Dustin Hoffman

Fool you once, ce and all that....

Dat’s the movie!!! :lol:

Back on topic, is it really safe to get 18650 and 26650 TF flames from DX?? :wink:

Entirely up to you, my man. Personally, once I hear about them selling fakes, I'm done with them. I will no longer buy batteries from DX, DD or MF, as all have been caught out. Saving a few bucks is not worth it to me anymore.

Don’t know how long the present supply will last, but I just got what appears to be 4 PERFECT TFFs from tmart. Batts arrived charged 3.8-3.9. Cello wrap has the coveted hologram. Letters on cells are holograms also. Wrapper fonts and printing is top notch. No typos i could find. ALSO these are the “normal” length of the “good” TFFs, not the recent crinkly wrapped, too-long, too wide TFFs that people have been getting recently from many sources. Batt wrap is tight and straight. Half of my recent TFFs have been FAKES, from different vendors including DD and DX

BUT there is one iffy sign —- the batt bottoms are not all the same. Two have a slightly raised area in the center bottom; two don’t. All my other “real” TFFs have a flat bottom. Maybe TFF just went to another batt?

If these are fakes (which I sincerely doubt), then I will give up on TFFs. They are perfect, except for that raised bottom. If they are fakes, that means they are copying even the cello-wrap hologram now, the last indicator of a real TFF. There will be no way to tell TFFs by appearance if these be fake.

I just charged them and am into the first hour of a decidedly unofficial tailstand test. Two thumbs up so far! The biggest test is whether these work in my ke-5, hd-2010, jacob a20 and surprisingly ye olde sk98I — and they do. The recent round of fakes shut the high on these lights down +immediately+. The fakes also sometimes produced full-power flashes when button-changing powers even on the flashlights where they worked. But these tmart babies are CLEAN. Work great in all my lights.

But as they say: Present performance is not a promise of future TFFs!

These shipped from China, not tmart’s u.s. warehouse and took about 3 weeks to get here.

(I cannot return my recent batch of fakes because I +STUPIDLY+ mixed up their envelopes and I don’t know exactly where they came from. That will NOT happen again.)

I have also been getting some good TFFs (four so far) from ebay. I just look for the cello-wrap hologram in the ebay picture and only order from those vendors. Sometimes they are a little bit more than the others, but so far they have been real. I am doing a second order on three ebay vendors before releasing their names, just to be doubly sure the process is repeatable, and I get real TFFs a second time.

Has anybody received 2400mah flames from dx recently.
Im expecting one package tomorrow and I wonder what I’ll get.
I think dx want send those cheap knock-offs anymore (with very touchy PCB and variable varying capacity 1000-1700mAh), because there were lots of customers complaints on the forum - but I wouldnt put my hand in fire for that :slight_smile:

Ill try to get kaidomain as my reliable supplier of them.

I talk to the man there and he guaranteed me that Ill be getting good ones, that he meausres it etc. SO we’ll see.

Recently I received several of them from DInodirect (they sell several sku for 2400mah flamess :o ), and of course I took cheapest - and got cheapest :o
More than half of these cells are so lame that you wwouldnt believe it. SUitable only for XRE - barely.

PS: Guys, hologram sticker is not any guarantee - none. Those worst flames also have holo-sticker. (and average capacity of them is 1300 :o

Thanks for the info!

>>>>>Has anybody received 2400mah flames from dx recently.

Got 4 TFFs two days ago from them. All fakes. BAD fakes. Wrinkly wrapper. Funky letters. Absolute crap. Shuts down lights on high. Cell is too long. Won’t fit in a couple chargers. Need to start a money-back with them. UGGGHHH.

Estimated capacity on these tmart TFFs is GREAT. I did a run time on 2 (no hobby charger for the real cap), so it looks like good ones.

For me anyway — maybe it’s different in europe — no TFF cello-wrap hologram ALWAYS = trash.

Have 51 18650 TFFs. Just counted: 15 TFFs, no cello sticker = trash. 36 with cello hologram sticker = ALL fine.

SO FAR (knock on wood) that hologram has been a right-on indicator for me. But then I only buy em if I can see the sticker in the ad picture, with a couple exceptions, like DX. Don’t think I will buy fromDX again. 4 bad TFFs. Also got a light four days ago in my first (and last) order and it was the wrong one!

Good luck onDX. Let us know what you get.

Uff, Ill kill my self :ooo

NEver ever again Ill buy cells from dx if I receive suchshit again

(in fact, I never received before, from dx, these worst TFF, but others did. I received them first from buyincoins, and now from dinodirect).

I ordered my tff on 10th July. You?

Tell me, is wrapper patly transparent on negative side of the cell (over the PCB)? Is small part of the wrapper transparent? (If yese, these are the worst)

I wanted to add that I got some off of a seller on ebay that had the Dino-Direct emblem on the clear wrapper that I know were fake.

And another way I have noticed to tell whether you are getting fake Trustfire flame protected batteries is the outer wrap at the bottom of the pcb will be very narrow and not nothing like the ones you get from Manafont that will have about a 1/8” wide strip of wrap underneath the pcb.

I hate con artist.

Dino-Doirect ought to be ashamed and go under.

I bought and ordered from Dino too. During the time when it was USD7.80. Think they raised the pricing to 8.99 and there are several other stated.

http://www.dinodirect.com/lithium-batteries-2400mah-rechargeable-trustfire-brc.html?DDID=3520-616

Can anyone SPOT the DIFFERENCE? Besides the pricing?

I spoke to their CS Dino/victor/joe/Cock…

They could not answer me technical terms… Use words like. They are different sir… The quality is different sir… they are all good… all original…

DOnt buy them from DD, its a lottery inside lottery :slight_smile:
They could hardly sand you good ones even if they wanted too :slight_smile:

I just received dlames from Kaidmain and they look original, just meausirng their capacity. Little higher voltage sag on 1A though.

I wonder does voltage sag improves after few cycles (like capacity? )

In short, dont buy them from dx, dd adn similar.

You cantry kaidomain:

Kaidomain e-mail: “All trustfire cells are from the same supplier, so please trust our cells are reliable cells.”

And you canalso try lightake (they also said that they changed the supplier and that theyll get themonly fom one, reliable supplier).

I just took one pair of 3000mAh flames from kaidomain for testing…

Tested kaido 2400 flames:
First cycle, at 1A from 4,10V - 2,80V - 2198mAh. Me - happy puppy :smiley:

Although, these do have higher voltage sag on 1A than some crappier cells. Thats somewhat confusing to me…

PS: Measuring cell resistance: i dont know how to do it…
I tried with my MM but no luck